Engineering Manufacturing Technician
Quincy, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are seeking an Engineering Manufacturing Technician to join Anduril, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics. You will play a key role in delivering our AUVs to our customers by working hands-on with our engineering team on a multi-disciplinary workflow to deliver world class AUVs. This role will include building complex electromechanical assemblies and integrating them into the final product!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work within a team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists on AUV assembly and integration efforts
- Manufacture high-reliability cabling and wiring harnesses
- Build, test, and integrate complex electrical and mechanical assemblies into our world class AUVs
- Design, prototype, and scale manufacturing jigs and fixtures to improve build and test efficiency
- Fabricate and modify machined parts and COTS components
- Contribute to all stages of the vehicle product development and manufacturing life cycle, including all aspects of manufacturing documentation as well as providing direct input and feedback to the engineering team on future improvements and new products
- Help develop, document, and improve our workflows
- Help organize and establish our on-site manufacturing workflow
- Potential of traveling offshore to support our operations team
- 5+ years experience in robotics and or mechanical technician fields
- Familiarity and comfort with 3D printing, simple fabrication processes, and both plastic and metal part manufacturing
- A full understanding of the manufacturing life cycle
- Experience with electrical engineering and cable/wiring harness manufacturing
- Experience with developing technical documentation and technical drawings
- Commitment to a high-quality product and strong sense of personal ownership of work product
- Familiarity with electromechanical systems
- Proficiency with electrical debug including use of tools such as a digital multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture
- Has a never-ending sense of urgency and enthusiasm
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Familiarity with product life cycle (NPI to scaled production) and LEAN manufacturing methods
- Interact with digital ERP system for work order tracking, inventory management, and quality reporting
- Experience in sub-sea robotics
- Experience working with electrical components up to 400VDc
- Machining and fabricating experience
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?