Electrical Engineering Technician
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineering Technician to join our team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Read and understand complex cable assembly drawings, schematics, and test procedures
- Fabricate and assemble high quality, high reliability cables, wire harnesses, and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Conduct rework and repair of PWAs and cable harnesses/assemblies
- Inspect and test reworks/repairs of PWAs and cable harnesses
- Carry out part procurement for a variety electrical components online such as cables, connectors, circuit boards, test equipment, etc
- Use measuring devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, clamp meters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure consistency and safety of the system
- Conduct validation testing under the direction of engineers
- Conduct product/acceptance tests on components and assemblies
- Minimum 5 years experience as a technician working on electro-mechanical cable and wire harness systems in mass production
- Experience with building and troubleshooting cables and wiring harnesses
- Familiar and comfortable with soldering, crimping, assembling cables and connectors, basic hand tools and simple tools (drill press, bandsaw, etc)
- Familiar and comfortable with written test procedures, test report, documentation of test results
- Familiarity with common termination systems and interconnect solutions from Molex, Amphenol, TE, Hirose, etc
- Basic electrical understanding (able to calculate voltage drop, size wire based on amperage, Ohm's Law, etc)
- Understanding of fundamental electrical concepts such as Ohm's Law, voltage drop, allowable ampacity
- Familiarity with basic test equipment (DMM, Oscilloscopes, function generators)
- Ability to improve existing cable designs, length tuning, fastening, assembly, etc
- Comfortable sourcing electrical components online (digikey, mouser, octopart, etc)
- Experience working on high-power electronics and HV cables
- Experience with solar power systems and familiarity with UL4703 photovoltaic cables
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Deep understanding of PCBs, PCBAs, manufacturing workflow and assembly techniques
- Associate level degree in electronics/electrical assembly or equivalent
- Able to hand solder per J-STD and/or NASA-STD 8739.4
- Wire harness experience in accordance with NASA-STD-8739.3 and 8739.4 and/or IPC-A-620 standards
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality Management Systems
- Aviation or Defense fabrication/manufacturing experience
- Willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. unassisted
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?