Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Electrical Systems
Lexington, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 13, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own a portion or all of the manufacturing value chain for a certain product or set of products
- Develop novel tooling solutions for fabrication and assembly of structural parts
- Develop process flows, breaking down large, complex assemblies into a logical part flow of subassemblies and sub-processes
- Write documentation required for successfully manufacturing their hardware at scale, such as work instructions, quality plans, inspection requirements, etc.
- Work with contract manufacturers across various disciplines (PCBA fab, metallic manufacturing, assembly, etc.) to develop repeatable, sustained processes for quick-turn development as well as at-scale production
- Work with technicians and other engineers hands-on, building prototype hardware
- Contribute to end-customer hardware mechanical or electrical design, including interconnects, board fabrication and inspection, etc.
- Travel to suppliers to do initial sourcing work, solve ongoing production issues, and implement quality procedures
- Degree in a technical field such as engineering, math, or a hard science
- 5+ years manufacturing engineering experience with electrical components, systems and products
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant field, preferably manufacturing or design of electromechanical hardware
- Demonstrated ability to creatively deliver electromechanical hardware in a resource-constrained environment
- Personal experience physically manufacturing hardware via any means (machining, fabrication, soldering, assembly, etc.) Work on personal or extracurricular projects is a plus.
- A genuine interest in manufacturing and thirst for learning
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Experience in the assembly and test of precision mechanisms
- Exposure to ISO 9001/AS 9100 quality systems
- Demonstrated familiarity with optical system integration and test
- Software scripting experience in C++, Python or Matlab
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?