Senior Development Engineer - Development Testing
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Function as a member of an interdisciplinary team capable of executing static, dynamic, fatigue, thermal and vibration testing on all of Anduril’s product lines
- Test items ranging from small integrated electronics systems to whole aircraft fuselages
- Operate thermal chambers, vibration tables, data acquisition systems and structural testing equipment as needed to execute test objectives
- Lead design reviews, run analysis, visit vendors, define and execute hardware test plans
- Build test equipment, implement test automation, analyze failures and execute qualification campaigns
- Support critical hardware demonstrations with customers as needed
- Travel to test sites as needed
- 3+ years of professional experience in a related engineering field
- Experience in an immersive interdisciplinary technical project (collegiate project teams or professional settings)
- CAD skills (any platform) and ability to make high quality engineering drawings that meet common industry standards
- Experience in hardware automation and software-hardware communication/integration
- Demonstrated hands on fabrication skills
- High competence with and fluid use of engineering first principles
- BS, MS or PhD in an engineering discipline
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Experience with hands-on electrical engineering work
- Experience in NX/Teamcenter
- Knowledge of scripting language to develop automation. Python, Matlab, etc.
- Ability to integrate electronic components into mechanical designs (motors, controllers, sensors etc.)
- Experience with machining, sheet metal, injection molding, and 3D printing
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?