GNC Engineer - Autocode/Simulation
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 7, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop, debug, and test Simulink-based flight controllers and guidance algorithms
- Mature autocode processes and workflows to improve efficiency and ease of use
- Establish regression testing pipelines at the system and unit levels
- Work closely with the flight software team to define requirements, integrate autocoded GNC software and test functionality in simulation
- Review test data captured from the flight control system, subsystems, and other test instrumentation to verify vehicle performance, evaluate GNC algorithm/controller behavior, or debug incidents during testing
- Help develop Software-In-The-Loop and Hardware-In-The-Loop 6DOF simulation environments to use in embedded software development and preparation for flight testing
- Work closely with the modeling and simulation team to develop models required to support functional evaluation of GNC software
- BS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or related field with focus on dynamics and control
- Experience with airborne platforms
- MATLAB and Simulink Proficiency
- Experience with C/C++
- Familiarization with 6-DOF simulations
- Passion for defending the United States and its allies
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance.
- MS or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Experience with flight control design and analysis for fixed and rotary wing aircraft or missile systems
- Experience with guidance algorithm development for ISR platforms or missile systems
- Experience with Simulink Embedded Coder
- Experience running Software-In-The-Loop and Hardware-In-The-Loop Simulation
- C/C++ Proficiency
- Familiarity with python or shell scripting
$132,000- $198,000 a year
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?