Senior Software Engineer - Mission Software Engineering
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2022
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis to create software and hardware solutions that radically evolve the defence capabilities of the United States, and are now seeking to replicate our successes internationally with a team based in Australia. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, we want you to join Anduril and help us build the future of defence capability.
At Anduril Australia we are delivering unmanned systems across all physical military domains that will leverage unsupervised autonomy for the delivery of long endurance, multi-mission capability to our customers. These projects require Senior Software Engineers with broad experience to drive the delivery a variety of software enabled capabilities to our customers. Anduril Senior Software Engineers rapidly develop expertise in new domains in order to articulate the value of, scope, architect, design, deliver, support, and evolve next generation capabilities through the entire product life-cycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own customer success on one or more customer accounts, in co-ordination with Anduril Mission Operations Engineer’s and Business Development Managers.
- Empathize with end-users and drive solutions that balance their needs with external constraints, restrictions and requirements in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Own software enabled solutions that are deployed to customers, optimizing for the delivery of value to the end-user
- Design and implement scalable software enabled systems, leveraging the output of multiple external teams, that rapidly delivers capability beyond the scope of current platforms
- Contribute to the design and development of existing software services across Anduril, with the aim of developing components that are re-usable across multiple Anduril product lines
- Develop software that runs on- and off- robotic platforms, using a variety of technologies
- Create test and simulation fixtures that operate with both software- and hardware-in-the-loop
- Support system delivery, configuration, training and sustainment
- Travel to co-locate with end-users up to 40% of the time
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary delivery team, including as a mentor for Software Engineers from differing backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Engineering, a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Extensive professional experience working as a Software Engineer with one or more domains and/or technologies of expertise
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and co-ordination skills
- Systems and/or application programming skills including algorithms, data structures, concurrency, scaling, testing, infrastructure, software design and system design
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Capacity to work holistically on software enabled capabilities up and down the software stack and through lifecycle through design, implementation, operation and sustainment
- Capacity to act as the technical owner for the delivery of a mixed hardware/software system, including stakeholder engagement, scoping, requirements definition, roadmap management, team co-ordination, design, implementation, and sustainment
- Capacity to learn and grow individually, while mentoring junior team members effectively, building team cohesion and capacity
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance
- Experience writing backend services or embedded software in C++ and/or Go
- Experience writing frontend applications using Typescript and React
- Experience with the design, implementation and operation of horizontally scaled cloud technologies
- Experience with the design, implementation and support of embedded software, particularly in the field of robotics
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering concepts
- Desire to learn and grow in to other roles that require experience as a Senior Software Engineer, such as Principal Software Engineer and/or Engineering Manager
- Desire to grow in to a Tech-Lead-Manager role, with responsibility for line management of engineers, in addition to delivery
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?