Software Engineering, Design
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create CAD models for all of Anduril’s hardware product lines, generating novel designs from scratch in collaboration with analysts and other engineers
- Incorporate manufacturing and industrial design details in an iterative approach to finding optimal solutions
- Lead design changes on existing hardware products
- Create and maintain detailed Bills of Materials for a set of hardware products, change documentation, and traceability of design changes from initial prototype to ongoing production
- Actively guide the Product Lifecycle framework, from release workflows, to part modeling standards, to assisting in business tool automation
- 5+ years experience with detailed mechanical systems from cradle to grave, including structures, mechanisms, fluid systems, and electromechanical system
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment where products are manufactured
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard manufacturing processes including metal molding, forming, joining, and machining, complex assembly, additive manufacturing, wire harness fabrication, and/or printed circuit board fabrication
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) by adding functionality and/or playing the role of ‘subject matter expert’ for the team/company
- High degree of skill using Siemens NX & Teamcenter
- Strong hands on technical skills - both professional and hobby
- Experience with machining, sheet metal, injection molding, and 3D printing
- Experience with composite design, analysis and testing
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?