Software Engineering Manager - Mission Autonomy
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
As the Autonomy Software Engineering Manager, you’ll lead the technical direction for one of Anduril’s most important products suites, Mission Autonomy (MA). This product implements the brain of robots and allows operators to plan and execute complex missions where groups of robots collaborate to achieve mission objectives. MA must be flexible as we support a diverse set of robot types including UAVs (e.g., helicopters, fixed wing, Air Launched Effects (ALE)), UUVs (e.g., submarines), and UGVs (e.g., ground vehicles) and open to support use on third party robots. This is a high impact opportunity!
As a Software Engineering Manager at Anduril you have the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership of major projects, and also manage a team of Software Engineers. You will be responsible for ensuring mission success by owning the development and integration of Anduril’s autonomy product suite. You will work a diverse set of projects that require you to be organized and flexible to adapt to changing situations. On one project, you may be working with the customer to clarify how each of its mission requirements can be met through Anduril's core products, including the plan, scope and work required. In another situation, you may be acting as a hybrid product/project manager, crafting a vision with the customer, and leading a team of engineers to transform that vision into a tangible new product. During all this, you must be able to collaborate with both external and internal partners, communicate plans clearly to all parties, and lead teams towards success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Recruit and maintain a happy and healthy team
- Grow your people by providing them with high impact and challenging work
- Lead engineering efforts for our autonomy products and deliver value incrementally
- Coordinate with customers and Technical Program Managers to help shape product requirements
- Design, guide, and provide system designs for autonomy products that integrate with other services like tracking and fusion, networking, and simulation
- Write clean well tested code (mostly in C++)
- Review code developed by other engineers and provide quality feedback to ensure best practices
- Contribute to both engineering and product documentation
- Triage product issues and debug, track, and resolve them based on priority
- Bachelor of Science degree in systems engineering or related field and a passion for autonomy
- Minimum 7 years of autonomy experience, specifically in software engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development using C++
- Understanding of government contract structure and reporting
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?