Senior Software Engineer - Platform Engineering Simulation
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis to create software and hardware solutions that radically evolve the defence capabilities of the United States, and are now seeking to replicate our successes internationally with a team based in Australia. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, we want you to join Anduril and help us build the future of defence capability.
At Anduril Australia we are developing unmanned systems for subsurface and other domains that will leverage unsupervised autonomy for the delivery of long endurance, multi-mission capability to our customers. These projects, including but not limited to the Extra Large Autonomous Undersea Vehicle (XL-AUV) Program, require Senior Software Engineers with deep experience with platform simulation. The Senior Software Engineer strives to leverage their experience with modeling and simulation to support the rapid design, delivery, support, and evolution of next generation autonomous vehicles through the entire product life-cycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead the design, development, integration and support of next-generation modeling and simulation architecture that enables the continuous delivery of capability orders of magnitude faster than the competition.
- Act as the subject matter expert for design and implementation of engineering level simulation of Anduril platforms, including physical interaction with the environment, as well as platform, system, subsystem, component and device level models.
- Simulate solutions for Guidance, Navigation and Control algorithm and Vehicle Management System component implementations.
- Collaborate with vendors and/or customers to integrate external models within the Anduril engineering simulation architecture.
- Create models and test and simulation fixtures that operate with both software- and hardware-in-the-loop.
- Contribute to the design and development of other software systems and sub-systems.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of development processes for the initial delivery and subsequent iteration of robotic software, including full lifecycle testing.
- Support vehicle manufacturing and deployment.
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary software team, including as a mentor for Software Engineers from differing backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Engineering, a relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with platform modelling.
- Systems and/or application programming skills including algorithms, data structures, concurrency and optimization.
- Capacity to work holistically on software enabled capabilities up and down the software stack and through lifecycle through design, implementation, operation and sustainment.
- Capacity to act as the technical owner for a software service, including stakeholder engagement, requirements definition, roadmap management, team co-ordination, design, implementation, sustainment and evolution.
- Capacity learn and grow individually, while mentoring junior team members effectively, building team cohesion and capacity.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance.
- Experience in a senior role for the simulation and delivery of a robotic system, particularly in the air, maritime or space domains.
- Experience with flight dynamics and platform physics and control.
- Experience writing C, C++ and Python.
- Familiarity with communications busses and protocols such as CAN, CANFD, ARINC-825, ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553, UART/RS232/RS422/RS485, SPI, QSPI, I2C, Ethernet, etc.
- Experience within the product delivery lifecycle including manufacturing, system acceptance, deployment, and sustainment.
- Familiarity with System Engineering concepts.
- Desire to learn and grow in to other roles that require experience as a Senior Software Engineer, such as Principal Software Engineer and/or Engineering Manager.
- Desire to grow in to a Tech-Lead-Manager role, with responsibility for line management of engineers, in addition to delivery.
At Anduril Australia, we strive to make this a workplace where you can do the best work of your careers. We have a range of industry leading benefits such as:
- Equity package so that you are part of the Anduril success story.
- Comprehensive caregiver and wellness leave policy to support you and your family.
- Private healthcare for you and your dependents.
- Delicious snacks, drinks and catered lunch at our offices.
- Phone bill reimbursement.
- Professional development allowance.
- Vacation bonus - we incentivize our employees to look after themselves by providing a yearly vacation bonus.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!