Technical Program Manager - IC
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing programs that support increasing the capability, maturity, and adoption of the full suite of Anduril’s products. These programs will be diverse in nature and require you to be organized and flexible to adapt to changing situations. On one program, you may be working with the customer to clarify how each of its mission requirements can be supported by Anduril’s software and hardware solutions, including the scope and work plan. In another situation, you may be acting as a hybrid product/program manager, crafting a vision, validating that vision with customers, and leading a team of engineers to deliver tangible capability. During all this, you must be able to collaborate with both external and internal partners, communicate plans clearly to all parties, and lead teams towards success.
Success in this position also hinges on effective external customer engagement and internal engineering collaboration. You will have to learn technical concepts and employ them quickly. Digging into the details to understand program dependencies so that technical and program risks can be managed effectively is a must. You will be expected to utilize your technical capability in conjunction with your program management skills to deliver the best outcome for Anduril and the customer.
A successful candidate for this job should have deep experience working within the U.S. security enterprise; acumen to navigate technology security in a dynamic work environment; experience engaging with high-level government officials; in-depth knowledge of national security markets; and understanding of geo-political trends to drive a global business strategy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ownership: PMs are owners; we’re looking for those who have a tendency to assume responsibility, a healthy dose of skepticism, and contribute to a culture of high performance. Lead the project from start to finish with the customer and the engineering team. Develop the technical path for success, identify engineering needs, and validate the projected outcome with the customer. PMs are empowered to quickly assume high levels of responsibility and entrust them to actively own their account and shape its success.
- Embed/Engage: Work side-by-side with our customers to understand their specific mission challenges and represent the customer as you work with Anduril engineers to shape capabilities that solve critical national and international security challenges. Anduril engineers rely on PMs to understand the lay of the land and bring a perspective that informs the development process.
- Build/Orchestrate: Work with Anduril engineers to build the solution and/or pivot development as needed to meet client needs. Successfully developing our complex hardware and software capabilities requires collaborating with nearly every internal Anduril team -engineering, product, logistics, finance, legal, contracting, technical operations, and many more. You’ll be responsible for ensuring each party is engaged and informed and will therefore become well-versed in what it takes to really bring the best of Anduril to our customers.
- Narrative-Building: Possess a strong story-telling skillset and the ability to tailor that narrative across audiences (government stakeholders, other vendors, engineers, etc.). You'll make sure everyone on the team not only understands what we are building, but why as well.
- Efficiency: Translate your understanding of individual projects and programs into larger overall engineering initiatives that accelerate Anduril’s growth in market and ease of integration across the domain. Understanding Anduril’s value proposition and establishing a strategy to have a lasting impact on a customer’s problem set, from the executive level to the end user, is critical to positioning Anduril for the future.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering, or related field and a passion for systems design and autonomy
- Experience managing successful delivery within a complex engineering or technology-focused organization when there are many coordinating teams
- 4+ years of experience collaborating with engineering teams and a clear understanding of how engineers organize and prioritize work
- 4+ years of experience, specifically in technical program management and/or systems engineering and/or system design, or related experience in a relevant industry
- Understanding of DOD and national security acquisition processes and organization structure
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Experience with IC
- Excellent communication skills
- Must possess and maintain U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?