Powertrain Software and Calibration Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and design control systems for Anduril’s wide range of airbreathing engines, including piston and turbine applications
- Perform control function development and calibration to meet mission needs on piston and turbine engines
- Perform development and validation testing on test benches, chassis dynamometers, trust stands and in flight. Identify testing needs, create test cases, collect and analyze testing data, document testing results
- Develop test stands, instrumentation packages and equipment as necessary to get the job done
- Perform root cause diagnostic or exploratory testing during the troubleshooting process
- Support hardware recipe evaluation and software strategy development
- Participate in test trips for cold, hot, and high altitude development and validation
- Work on the coolest engines in the aviation business
- Bachelor/Master’s in Mechanical, Electrical, Automotive, or Aerospace Engineering
- 5-7 years relevant engineering experience in automotive / passenger car / commercial vehicle / aerospace / defense industry, especially in engine development, test or control
- Hands-on experience with calibration development tools such as ETAS INCA and Vector CANalyzer/CANape, MATLAB/Simulink/C/C++, Python, VBA or other programming languages
- Competence in solving complex engineering problems. Able to explain technical problems and solutions to management
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Teamwork and communication skills as well as intercultural skills to drive assigned topics and coordinate stakeholders across three continents and different time zones with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated to grow technical know-how in assigned engineering areas. Self-study and fast learning skills. Able to propose and implement creative solutions. Willingness to train other employees in the subject matter
- Professional confidence in making engineering decisions. Able to clarify issues, set up goals, collect information, get resources and make sound engineering decisions on technical issues
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?