Hardware Engineer - High Speed Digital/Compute
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for a High-Speed Digital Hardware Engineer to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop a compute strategy to support Anduril’s long-term product road-map
- Develop high performance, high efficiency, and highly robust on-board computing solutions for autonomous platforms
- Develop reliable on-board communication system to exchange high bandwidth data across computer, various sensor modules, and telemetry system
- Architect, design, and build high-speed digital PCBAs (schematic capture, simulation, board layout)
- Evaluate performance of CPUs, GPUs, and various machine learning accelerators/processor/IP and guide future directional development paths
- Help decide what to do in-house and what to outsource, communicate design requirements with external vendors and help drive the progress
- Work cross-functionally between software and hardware teams
- Develop hardware bring-up and validation test plans, on bench top and on product
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field
- 5+ years of experience in compute hardware or computer engineering
- Deep understanding of compute tradeoffs (thermal, mechanical, power, performance etc)
- Experience with benchmarking and validating performance for complex compute architectures
- Experience architecting platforms for high compute and memory requirements
- Good understanding on high speed interfaces (PCIe, DDR, GMIII/RGMII, SATA, etc.), power integrity, signal integrity, EMI/EMC
- Industrial experience shipping products such as computer motherboards, Ethernet switches, WiFi/cellular modems, GPUs, etc.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Experience with GPUs and DL inference chips
- Knowledge of x86/Compute architecture
- System development experience within standards such as: ISO-26262, ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508
- Experience in developing FPGA and ASIC architectures
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art hardware systems, software tools and algorithms for interfaces required for sensors, actuators, firmware development, and vehicle/robotic bus architectures
- Familiarity with autonomy software stacks and machine learning frameworks (TensorFlow, CUDA, etc.)
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?