Senior Security Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril's Information Security team is looking for a security engineer to focus on building world class defensive controls to protect the infrastructure around our advanced defense technology products. This is a role with wide berth that will have the latitude to design and implement cutting edge security architecture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Architect and implement defensive security controls for cloud, production, and corporate environments
- Instrument and deploy identity management, device trust, and operating system hardening controls
- Build and manage tools for secure secrets management and remote access to corporate and production environments
- Architect and implement log aggregation pipelines for Anduril infrastructure and applications
- Monitor for and remediate security weaknesses across cloud and on-prem infrastructure
- Knowledge of modern adversary tradecraft and mitigating controls
- Experience developing and implementing defensive controls around Windows, MacOS, Linux and SaaS applications
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of complex projects
- Strong programming ability in one or more general purpose languages (Python, Go, Rust, etc) and familiarity with one or more infrastructure as code languages (e.g., Terraform, AWS CDK) in a production capacity
- Have participated in or supported incident response events
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Ability to develop and maintain systems in cloud environments and familiarity with deploying code through CI/CD pipelines
- Experience conducting security architecture or design reviews around custom business applications
- Experience building high volume log ingestion and storage pipelines
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP security ecosystem and tooling
- Strong experience with Linux operating systems
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!