Engineering Lead, Device Services
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril Developer Services (ADS) is a group within Anduril focused on building the core infrastructure and tools on which Anduril products are built. We are looking for a seasoned team lead to come in and lead a team of engineers focused on delivering infrastructure to our robotics platforms. The Device Services team is responsible for developing the robot OS, networking infrastructure, fleet management tools & more. An ideal candidate is highly technical with demonstrated success in team lead roles, and is capable of getting their hands dirty driving high priority projects to success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead high-impact projects through requirements analysis, design, and execution.
- Provide technical leadership while forming the roadmap for the Device Services team.
- Work with partner teams to understand problems, identify opportunities, and build consensus.
- Be an advocate for excellent engineering culture across the team.
- Prior experience leading an engineering team.
- Prior engineering experience from the industry, along with academic pursuits & studies in the areas of: Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, linux systems, and other technical tools.
- A desire to work on software and applications that have real-world impact.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Have a bias for action. If you see a problem, you want to solve and fix it
- Be naturally curious about the technologies and tools you use
- Have a point-of-view, but are still low-ego
- Eligibility to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance, preferably Top Secret
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!