Senior Program Manager, ALTIUS
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 2, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking a Senior Program Manager for the Army and USSOCOM Aviation Programs under the ALTIUS Launched Effects business. The role includes the management of cost, schedule and performance for projects within the Army and USSOCOM portfolio as it relates to Launched Effects including loitering munitions. This individual will also manage customer relationships representing the business while working directly with engineers and business development professionals in a highly entrepreneurial “roll your sleeves up” environment. The ideal candidate will be a proven leader who has managed complex programs with the Department of Defense with specific focus and knowledge about launched effects programs for USSOCOM, the Army Future Vertical Lift Eco-System, and USSOCOM and Army loitering munitions initiatives and longer-term capability requirements. This leader should be a team builder who is adaptive, technically adept and can lead complex projects with multiple independent stakeholders with overlapping interests across USSOCOM and the Army. The candidate should know key customers across the USSOCOM and Army aviation community and have an intimate understanding of government contracting including USSOCOM acquisition processes.
The successful candidate will ideally have strong connections within USSOCOM PEOs, the Army FVL CFT and PEO Aviation in addition to experience working with classified and/or special access programs. This candidate will serve as the senior leader for programs within the business portfolio, including maintaining customer relationships, monitoring performance, and meeting contractual obligations. This leader likely has experience working in and/or with the Aerospace & Defense contractor community and will bring this domain experience along with the right cultural fit to make an immediate impact. This candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial, and creative environment. Anduril is seeking a pioneer who is comfortable with navigating ambiguity and can work effectively in a start-up culture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead large and diverse projects, ultimately responsible for cost, schedule and performance of assigned projects.
- Grow Anduril’s portfolio within the USSOCM and Army aviation community.
- Provide guidance, advice, and support to the leadership team regarding business investments and priorities.
- Develop and maintain close, trusted partner relationships with offices of senior military and civilian US Government customers, current and prospective customers, as well as industry partners and suppliers.
- Assist the customers in meeting their requirements and capability gaps with those capabilities, products, and technologies available or being developed in relevant defense sectors.
- Drive seamless integration across the sector. Foster a culture of trust, open communications, customer focus, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintains effective working relationships with customers to identify new business opportunities, proactively communicate and resolve program issues, and provide strategic direction to program teams.
- Lead initiatives that move the organization forward, contributing to business / financial performance.
- Deliver on financial performance commitments and strategic market growth.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant Program Management, acquisitions or business development / capture experience in the government and/or private sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant DoD Programs and platforms, related enabling technologies, systems integration, communications, software development.
- Demonstrated experience leading major acquisition programs directly with DoD or leading significant capture campaigns for a private sector defense company.
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders within defense and intelligence community.
- Prior military experience in Army Aviation community and/or extensive knowledge of government contracting and relevant Program Executive Offices (PEOs). The ideal candidate will have worked with the leadership in the USSOCOM aviation community doing acquisition, system integration and program management.
- Demonstrated high-energy leader who will drive performance and exhibit strong management skills with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to manage a significant team of engineers, operations managers, project managers and business development professionals.
- Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
- An engineering degree is preferred but not essential.
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!