Product Manager - Altius
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking driven individuals to lead our ALTIUS 700 Product team.
In the ALTIUS 700 product management role you will own the technical development of the ALTIUS 700 and be heavily involved in solving real-world challenges. You will be positioned at the intersection of a variety of critical teams that you will work with to help progress your product from initial concept through sustained production. Your day-to-day focus will change often as you navigate a complex product development roadmap, but it should include opportunities such as developing a cross-functional strategy, gathering and reviewing critical market data, tracking key product growth and cost metrics, meeting with external parties to present product vision, finding and reducing technical gaps in capabilities, solving multi-disciplinary engineering challenges and much more. Anduril is a rapidly growing company, and the right person for this role should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities.
Candidates for this role should have experience in Unmanned Aerial System development and have ideally worked within all stages of a standard product life cycle. They should have a technical background inclined and able to prioritize and direct technical efforts. The right individual needs to be excited about the prospects of working on a growing team and will be expected to provide feedback on process improvement opportunities for their specific product, as well as for the product management organization as a whole.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the technical and programmatic success of the ALTIUS 700, establish technical and programmatic vision, assemble teams of internal and external subject matter experts, and communicate that vision to them.
- Represent and help build your product’s culture. As the liaison to the engineering development organization, you are well positioned to consistently interact with all teams at Anduril and often will be tasked to represent the product in a cross-functional capacity.
- Establish key milestones and targets from across the organization to help define the product roadmap.
- You will ensure that teams are being engaged at the right time and at the right product maturity stage to warrant success. The roadmap you help develop will be the guide for your product that the organization will use as a reference in planning.
- Evaluate and prioritize the various tasks required to successfully support the product development efforts.
- Coordinate the fabrication of prototype and low-rate production articles and subsystem/system level test efforts.
- Proactively communicate strategy to help manage expectations and identify and address risks in a timely manner to help keep things on track.
- Work cross-functionally with teams including, but not limited to: design engineering, finance, logistics, EHS, manufacturing, engineering testing, legal, technical operations, business strategy/programs, etc.
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 7+ years relevant industry experience
- 2+ years in Unmanned Aerial Systems product development
- Strong understanding of the “why” behind Vehicle and Systems design
- Experience working on mission critical DOD systems
- Experience creating teams and focusing them around a common vision
- Demonstrated direct team leadership skills
- Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders, across a wide range of technical areas
- This role will be responsible for the Altius 700 product, working with sensitive and export control data. The TS should be either current, in-process or the candidate has already had clearance that shows likely TS attainment
- Defense, national security, or aerospace domain familiarity through industry or education.
- Experience with or interest in working with visual design tools to communicate ideas.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!