Electronic Warfare, Full Stack Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHY WE’RE HERE:
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our Electronic Warfare UI team. Anduril’s EW UI team is seeking experienced full stack software engineers to build out the software ecosystem supporting a next-generation electronic warfare platform. As full stack engineer, you’ll architect API contracts for our next-generation electronic warfare platform, build frontend code to ingest these contracts into our web apps, and collaborate with the wider software organization to deliver seamless integration of electronic warfare products with the Anduril Lattice system-of-systems suite.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own the API contracts that our assets and web applications use to communicate
- Write frontend code to ingest data from our backend services
- Collaborate across multiple teams to plan, build, and test new and existing APIs
- Triage issues, root cause failures, and coordinate next-steps
- Turn product requirements and end-user requests into well-designed API contracts
- Work with a wide range of developers across the stack to devise the optimal solutions for asset/app communication
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Proven ability to build consensus on technical approach between multiple teams
- 3-5+ years experience developing dynamic web applications - ideally experience working across the entire stack
- Experience with TypeScript, React, and RxJS
- Ability to quickly understand and navigate complex systems and established code bases
- Experience with Nix
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Protocol Buffers and gRPC
- Experience working on high bandwidth and high frequency data
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!