Director of Quality
McHenry, MS, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
As Director of Quality, you will work across Anduril to ensure we produce quality products while retaining our ability to execute swiftly to support our client’s needs. You will work across the organization to continue to enhance and implement our quality management system to comply and exceed industry standards. You will be expected to lead technical reviews and discussions with executives, and help manage and mentor a group of talented engineers spanning product, supplier and system Quality.
The right person for this role has a track record of leading quality initiatives in a fast-paced environment. If you are someone who likes a hands-on role, is comfortable being a builder, and can work across organizations well, the Director of Quality opening is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Serve as both the strategic leader for all quality-related work across the company and a tactical doer to help us improve as we grow.
- Serve as technical partner to engineering, helping establish design and test best-practices, conduct advanced engineering risk assessments, and enforce the proper checks and balances within operations.
- Lead the process of evolving Anduril’s quality management system to retain certification via recognized industry standards (AS9100).
- Implement any required changes to our quality management system with the Engineering, Manufacturing, and other teams to improve operations.
- Work closely with our Business Systems team to ensure the implementation of our quality management system continues to work flawlessly with our existing and future digital tools.
- Along with your team, review technical data and trends to best assess improvement opportunities for our products.
- Own all quality documentation and responses to our clients and prospective clients, helping our customers understand our processes, as well as learning what our customers expect of us to help improve Anduril over time.
- Build out the necessary benchmarks, track quality-related metrics, and establish KPIs to understand how our quality management system is impacting our product development and business.
- Manage a team of Quality Engineers and Quality Specialists.
- Support ad-hoc quality investigations and initiatives as they come up, leading effective containment and corrective actions.
- Minimum 15+ years in a Quality leadership role within the hardware development industry with a track record of establishing and maintaining quality systems, practices, and policies.
- Highly technical background, spanning multiple engineering competencies and/or integrated systems.
- Demonstrated track record of driving engineering improvements and ownership of engineering design, testing or troubleshooting complex technical systems.
- Demonstrated experience in Quality Management of product through all stages of product lifecycle: prototyping, development, launch and sustainment.
- Experience in relevant fields, such as defense, consumer electronics, medical, aerospace, or automotive industries.
- Establishing and maintaining all required certifications and upholding all relevant standards. Experience with AS9100, IATF 16949, or other ISO 9001-based QMS standard.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally in an unstructured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects from idea conception to idea execution without assistance.
- Moves fast, has a positive attitude and can lead people directly and via influence.
- Bachelor or higher degree in a technical discipline.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!