Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis to create software and hardware solutions that radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
We are looking for a Logistics Manager to join our rapidly growing team in Costa Mesa, CA. As Logistics Manager, you’ll be responsible for Anduril’s inbound logistics from suppliers, as well as the outbound delivery of finished goods where it is mission critical and logistically challenging. For this position, we are searching for an individual who can bring experience working on government programs to Anduril and help us continue to scale our capabilities in government and DoD logistics.
The Deployment Operations team has built a white glove service that is responsible for developing and executing Anduril’s strategy to deliver hardware and software to our customers where it is both mission critical and logistically challenging. This will require a breadth of understanding logistics, the ability to work across teams seamlessly, a deep appreciation for details, and the ability to learn new subject matters quickly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate cross-functionally across Anduril and externally with customers and key vendors to successfully execute the logistics movements of all deployments - domestic and international
- Own and flawlessly execute the logistics lifecycle of all deployments. As a key leader on the Deployment Operations team, you will be asked to own and manage all logistics at Anduril
- Lead a team of Operations & Logistics Associates through all deployment logistics and operations. Mentor and develop the individuals on the team while being a coach and effective manager.
- Strengthen and develop partnerships with Anduril’s logistics vendors. Identify gaps where new vendors are needed and continue to build more strategic relationships with current vendors to ensure deployment success.
- Partner with Legal & Compliance to further increase Anduril’s capabilities in international shipping, customs, and export controls.
- Be responsible for Dangerous Goods shipping and our shipping strategies around hazardous materials. Know international logistics procedures like VAT, customs compliance, and duties.
- Problem solve and remove obstacles for your team and internal and external partners. Know how to think critically and engage the right teams to help.
- Communicate effectively to keep internal and external teams informed at all times. Use the necessary channels (Slack, email, meetings) to ensure stakeholders understand what needs to be accomplished and when.
- Be a team player where no task is too small. Be willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. Embrace the startup life.
- 5+ years of experience in logistics, supply chain operations, or product delivery
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (preferred in a manufacturing or hardware environment)
- Advanced use of MS Word, Excel, Slack, Outlook; other productivity tools
- Strong independent worker who can drive outcomes with minimal oversight
- Strong problem solving skills and practical creativity. You will both identify strategic and scrappy solutions to problems and ruthlessly follow through
- Strong attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements
- Quick learner, willing to dive into new topics, both technical and non-technical
- Strong customer service mentality and willingness to work with stakeholders across an organization
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
- TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience in managing government property and inventory
- Experience directly supporting a Department of Defense (DoD) program and familiarity with Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) models
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!