Weapons Integration Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead or support efforts performing integration, verification and/or validation of weapon systems on Anduril’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems platforms
- Develop program plans, estimates, and schedules
- Develop system/architecture designs, perform system level analysis, and generate requirements
- Troubleshoot conflicting design/development requirements
- Develop and present technical material for reviews and meetings
- Support lab, ground, and flight test events
- Develop/maintain Interface Control Documents, Software Requirement Specifications, Performance Specifications, presentations and review test plans/procedures
- Coordinate and interface with customers, contractors, and engineering groups assigned to projects
- Support ongoing operation of the weapons systems
- Provide support for proposals/white papers for future efforts or capabilities
- Provide direction to design and to technical staff
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD in engineering, computer science or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelor’s degree, seven or more years of experience with a master’s degree or five or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Software programming or embedded systems experience (familiarity with C++, MATLAB, Python, PERL scripting, etc.)
- Familiarity with Air-to-Air weapons, MIL-STD-1553, and logical Interface Control Documents
- Experience integrating weapons, payloads, or avionics onto aircraft
- Experience with weapon or tactical datalinks
- Must be customer focused with the ability to formulate and implement plans to resolve technical engineering problems
- Ability to travel to support program and test events (up to 25%)
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interface with other departments or professionals and represent the organization as a prime technical contact
- Project management experience
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!