Lead Product Quality Engineer, Aircraft
Product, Quality Assurance
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Lead Product Quality Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that our Group 5 Autonomous Vehicle product meets the highest quality standards from the design phase to the production phase of the product life cycle. The right person for this role has knowledge of manufacturing, product development, and continuous improvement for Group 5 Autonomous Vehicles. If you are someone who loves to build world-class Quality processes, work hands-on, and be accountable for results, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with the design team to ensure that quality is built into the product from the outset.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the product design and manufacturing processes for the overall vehicle,
- Collaborate with internal & external functions to define and execute processes that deliver reliable products. Direct quality engineers for direction and opportunities in sub-systems, processes, production, and supplier development areas.
- Develop and implement quality control plans and procedures for the Group 5 Autonomous Vehicle product.
- Conduct quality audits and inspections to identify and address any issues that arise during the product development process.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve quality issues.
- Develop and maintain quality metrics to track product quality and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure that all quality-related documentation is complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Ensure the execution of product and process requirements. Define and improve such requirements.
- Work cross-functionally to define and execute the product roadmap.
- Set up and lead Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) and Material Review Board (MRB) activities. Review the effectiveness of actions and share lessons learned across the product team.
- Lead product health data analysis and improvement activities. Be able to communicate the top line quality of the project
- Support the continuous improvement of the Quality Management System. Define and improve required documentation and activities.
- Support investigations, initiatives, and projects as needed, at the team or organization level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in product quality engineering.
- Experience working on Group 5 Autonomous Vehicle products, avionics, aircraft, propulsion systems, and or electronic systems
- Delivered aerospace, avionics, aircraft products
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001-based Quality Management System requirements.
- Working knowledge of product development methodologies such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Working knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical manufacturing processes coupled with inspection system and data analysis
- A strong ownership mindset with demonstrated capability to drive projects from start to completion.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or similar
- Defense, national security familiarity through industry or education
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with low volume, high complexity manufacturing
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!