Air Defense, Mission Data Science Analyst
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We build robots that find other robots and knock them out of the sky. At a time when air superiority can no longer be taken for granted, the Air Defense Team provides mission critical capabilities to warfighters. From detection to tracking, identification, deterrence, and defeat, our family of networked sensors and effectors enables our customers to rapidly close the kill chain against a broad range of Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) threats. Working across product, engineering, sales, logistics, operations, and mission success, the Air Defense team develops, tests, deploys, and sustains the Anduril Air Defense Family of Systems (FoS) in challenging operational environments worldwide.
The Mission Data Analyst is an enabler and force multiplier for the Air Defense Team at Anduril. You will execute research, analysis and synthesis of mission and business data and information to deliver critical decision support products. In this role, you will partner with the engineers and Mission Operators across the Air Defense Team and wider Anduril enterprise to develop insights and drive critical decisions that keep us at the cutting edge of the Air Defense mission set and emerging capabilities. You will build processes, tools and systems that underpin the Air Defense Team’s mission execution, and ensure the team is making decisions anchored in shared truth.
- Develop key metrics, tools, software services and processes for assessing how well key aspects of Anduril’s Air Defense Team and technology are performing and scaling
- Build and maintain mission-critical infrastructure, tools, processes, and custom software to objectively assess growth areas for the Air Defense Team
- Develop methods for measuring baseline system performance to quantify enhancements or regressions during software release testing
- Support Mission Operators in the execution of data-driven mission outcomes, helping our customers understand the efficacy of Anduril systems as well as opportunities for optimization
- Lead technical investigations about operational issues and performance trends
- Apply data analytics, models, and techniques to data products created by Anduril’s Air Defense Family of Systems
- Design customer facing products to highlight system performance metrics and trend analysis
- Create catalogs of data and tools that can be used by you and other teams to perform analytics
- Automate the aggregation of metrics and detection of widespread application issues across the Air Defense fleet
- Fuse data from multiple sources to create usable information
- Advanced degree or comparable technical experience
- 2+ years working in field requiring data analysis skills and modeling
- Experience with applying data science techniques including statistical analyses, modeling, and machine learning in Python/SQL
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with experience presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be a US citizen and eligible to gain and hold a US Government security clearance
- Experience with machine learning development tools and methods
- Defense or Aerospace domain experience
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!