Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the entire production value chain of the Rocket Motor System (RMS) product line
- Build out a flexible team of engineers and technicians to architect how RMS’s are built, as well as building the RMSs themselves to scale from 3 to 3,000+ annual builds
- Develop process flows breaking down complex, multi-process (and multi-facility) assemblies into a logical part flow of subassemblies and sub-processes to architect a factory
- Build out facilities, headcount, and capital expenditure models to drive business decisions surrounding manufacturing planning
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of required documentation for successfully manufacturing product at scale, such as work instructions, quality plans, inspection requirements, etc.
- Oversee the implementation and documentation of safety plans and procedures specific to the production of RMS’s, ensuring the safety of the team and enabling the production facility and process to meet compliance and audit requirements
- Build out engineering release workflows that contribute to manufacturing success, including gate reviews and standup of appropriate tools such as PLM, ERP, and MES alongside supporting processes utilizing those tools
- Work with the Sourcing Team to engage contract manufacturers across various disciplines (i.e., bulk production of materials, high temperature components, and casting processes) to develop repeatable, sustained processes for quick-turn development as well as at-scale production. Includes travel to suppliers to do initial sourcing work, solve ongoing production issues, and implement quality procedures
- Contribute to end-customer hardware mechanical or electrical design, including interconnects, inspection, etc.
- Degree in a technical field such as engineering, math, or a hard science
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing (or design) of complex mechanical, fluids, or chemical processing systems or similar, inclusive of operating the manufacturing floor in some capacity
- Demonstrated ability to creatively deliver hardware in a resource-constrained environment
- Demonstrated direct team leadership skills inclusive of hiring and personnel management, with backing examples
- Personal experience physically manufacturing hardware via any means (machining, fabrication, soldering, assembly, etc.); work on personal projects is a plus
- A genuine interest in manufacturing and passion for learning
- Strong operational background inclusive of items such as optimizing processes, optimizing labor inputs, and scheduling production to meet volatile demand
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Hands-on prior experience in chemical or materials engineering in any industry
- Prior experience with various bulk-material formation processes such as casting
- Experience at large companies in related fields: i.e. chemical engineering, oil & gas, defense prime, heavy industry utilizing casting processes
- Demonstrated financial analysis acumen
- Software scripting experience in any language
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you and your dependents.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!