Reliability Safety Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
As a Reliability Safety Engineer at Anduril, you will work within the organization to support Functional Hazard Analysis, Fault Trees, Risk Management and Risk Mitigation activities, System Safety Assessments, and Hazard Management and Hazard Mitigation activities. You will support hardware and software development teams, Reliability Engineering, Systems Engineering, and GNC. The right person for this role has knowledge of design, development, test, analysis, manufacturing, operations, asset tracking and maintenance, and continuous improvement. If you are someone who has hands-on experience throughout the entire new product development life cycle from concept to customer delivery, loves to build world-class Reliability and Reliability Safety processes, work with many multi disciplinary teams, and be accountable for results, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Draft reports on Anduril’s System Safety Approach.
- Identify & Document Hazards, Risks, and Mitigation Measures for the program.
- Support Design & Development Engineers as a critical partner in Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) exercises at system level, and sub-system level for complex aircraft and ground systems.
- Document, and manage all risks and hazards coming out of proactive Reliability Safety Exercises.
- Lead and draft the Program System Safety Analysis Reports.
- Support the Design Requirements Process as a Subject Matter Expert to ensure teams adhere to Safety best practices and triage proactive hazard mitigations with the team coming out of Reliability Safety Engineering exercises.
- Lead, Draft, and tailor Built In Test Plans and Support Reliability Engineering on Qualification Test Plan Development for new products.
- Support Development Milestone Reviews such as PDR, CDR, QDR representing Reliability Safety.
- Lead and triage all Safety corrective actions from RCCA investigations.
- Lead product End-To-End Plans from component receiving through field deployment: Identify risks, and coordinate risk mitigation with supporting stakeholder teams such as Manufacturing Engineering, Logistics, and Deployment Operations as it relates to Safety.
- Host regular corrective action reviews to ensure lessons learned are communicated with all stakeholders, and that all actions have been implemented in a timely manner.
- Develop, Draft, and Implement Reliability Safety Processes and reports for the business to improve and streamline our Design, Manufacturing, and Deployment Operations efforts for rapid development.
- Support Business Operations Continuous Improvement: Software Tool Upgrade Requirements Drafting, and Beta Testing to improve risk and hazard tracking and management.
- Verify and Validate Risk and Hazard Reduction Measures.
- Minimum of 5 years Industry Experience as a Reliability Engineer, Design Engineer, or Safety Engineer
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- Experience working on Advanced Hardware Systems
- Experience with Functional Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, System Safety Analysis, Root Cause Analysis Methodologies, Corrective action management, Hazard Management, and Risk management
- M.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Systems Engineering
- Modeling/CAD Experience
- Electrical Engineering Familiarity with schematics, best practices, and industry guidelines for Reliability
- Aircraft, Spacecraft, or UAV Operations Experience
- Technical writing experience developing standards, specifications, user guides, and policies
- Requirements drafting experience for Software & Hardware
- Experience with MIL-STD-1629, MIL-STD-882
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!