Quality Inspector Technician - Aircraft
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Quality Inspector will support the Manufacturing/Production teams, and be responsible for learning and executing detailed inspection processes necessary to ensure a quality product in a timely manner. Some of the daily duties will include inspecting incoming materials, equipment, and products to ensure quality specifications are met. Additionally, you'll investigate/troubleshoot product and production issues, take corrective action as well as implement standards/specifications/processes cross-functionally with Quality Teams.
- Experience with Calibrated equipment (calipers, micrometers, CMM etc.)
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings (wire diagrams, work instructions, CAD)
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) knowledge, understanding dimension and tolerancing
- Experience with inspection of machined parts and mechanical assemblies
- Experience with inspection of Electrical and Electronic Components (Power Supplies, PCBs, wire-harnesses)
- Experience in a facility with AS9100, ISO9001, IATF 16949 or similar QMS standard
- Experience with validation and testing assemblies and their components
- Experience with communicating with suppliers and cross functional teams
- U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access controlled data
- Technical or Associates degree in related quality/mechanical/aerospace engineering field
- 3+ years experience in a quality assurance or inspection role in a manufacturing/production setting
- IPC-A-610 or IPC-A-620 Certification
- Basic knowledge using various measuring tools and hand tools (e.g. tape measure, caliper, micrometer, drivers etc.)
- Experience with Manufacturing processes and their related systems (Jira, MES, ERP, Teamcenter, CAD)
- Knowledge of First Article Inspection requirements and processes
- Highly motivated team player who is willing to support a fast paced team environment
- Detail oriented self starter with minimal oversight - strong ability to communicate with different cross functional teams.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!