Systems Engineer - C2 - Active Clearance
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Systems Engineer of C2 Hardware will work on our Tactical Intelligence Targeting Access Node (TITAN) program. A scalable and expeditionary intelligence ground station that will accelerate and simplify the Army’s ability to access and process massive volumes of Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) data for fires with increased precision and accuracy. Our team is looking for a hardware focused systems engineer with previous experience working on C2 platforms or ruggedized thermal, power and mechanical systems. If you are interested in working in an extremely innovative and fast paced environment, where your work directly makes an impact and difference in the products that are fielded this a fantastic opportunity.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to establish architecture content and develop innovative solutions that meet customer requirements effectively
- Partner with the program Chief Architect to set priorities, track technical progress, and maintain a technical baseline that can be flowed down to the team members
- Employ Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodologies to effectively define interfaces between various system components within the architecture, ensuring seamless integration and streamlined development processes
- Decompose system functionality into modular components, enabling efficient design and development processes
- Executes comprehensive technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, as well as supportability and effectiveness analyses
- Verify the system operates as expected by assisting in the development of test plans ranging from lab tests to tests in operationally representative environments
- Identify required test data collection needs and assist with conducting testing to help recreate events, identify anomalies, and determine changes needed to correct identified anomalies
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to aid in translating customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Provide oversight in conducting testing and validation of hardware designs, ensuring quality, reliability, and compliance with industry regulations and standards
- Must possess a Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering field AND 5+ years of related professional/military experience in MBSE or Systems Engineering OR a Master's degree with 3+ years of related professional/military experience
- Ability to set/manage customer and internal/external stakeholder expectations while also prioritizing key program initiatives (schedule, cost, quality, etc.)
- Familiarity with Cameo Enterprise Architecture / Teamcenter, strong understanding of various architecture frameworks (DoDAF, etc.), and knowledge and understanding of interface control documents (ICDs)
- Experience with hardware verification, testing, and validation methodologies
- Experience in automotive or heavy-vehicle equipment
- Previous experience working on C4ISR platforms, integrating ruggedized thermal, power and mechanical systems
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access, with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled in continuous evaluation
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!