Senior NDT Technician
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Anduril Rocket Motor Systems (ARMS) team is on a mission to build next generation solid rocket motors for a safer, more connected world. To achieve our vision of becoming a large-volume provider of tactical rocket motors, we will develop differentiated products and services that maximize our customers’ capabilities, and we will establish and maintain a reputation of Quality and Reliability.
Anduril’s Rocket Motor Systems group is seeking a Sr NDT Technician Level III to join our team. The Rocket Motor Systems group designs, develops, and manufactures next-generation solid rocket motors for defense and space applications at Anduril.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide expert knowledge of the technical principles underlying nondestructive testing performed at ARMS.
- Review and interpret NDT requirements within customer and industry specification documents. Write procedures to meet NDT requirements.
- Understand the rocket motor manufacturing processes at ARMS and work with engineering to define acceptance and rejection criteria. You will then witness, monitor, and evaluate tests to determine product acceptability.
- Anticipate customer needs and associated risks; assess requirements and identify solutions.
- Interface with customers and other third-party auditors regarding technical questions related to NDT.
- Review and approve certifications from outside testing sources.
- Leads others to resolve complex problems in non-standard situations and develop creative solutions.
- As the department grows, you will mentor, train, certify, and oversee other NDT Technicians that are added to the ARMS team.
- High School Diploma / GED required. Four-year college Technical Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Certified NDT Level III in the RT (Radiographic) and UT (Ultrasonic) Methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, well organized, and the ability to prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
- U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access controlled data
- Thorough knowledge of NDT system management, NDT audit, and corrective action processes, knowledge of root cause problem-solving, and knowledge of RT and UT test equipment as well as the various suppliers.
- Certification in other NDT methods (other than RT and UT).
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!