Electrical Design Release Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are seeking a technically adept and organized individual with a background in electrical engineering to oversee the efficient release of electrical engineering projects and outputs. As an Electrical Design Release Admin, you will collaborate with Electrical Engineers to verify compliance with release processes and standards, maintain library part compliance, as well as collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product development, quality assurance, manufacturing, and supply chain, to ensure the timely and seamless delivery of engineering releases to PLM and ERP systems. Your role will involve coordinating all aspects of the release process, managing release timelines, identifying and mitigating potential risks, and ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations. This position requires exceptional documentation, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Oversee the entire release process for electrical engineering outputs and projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define release requirements and project deliverables.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and Engineering teams to oversee ECO/ECR process.
- Develop and maintain release timelines and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure alignment and progress tracking.
- Identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimize project delays and optimize release processes.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of industry regulations, standards, and best practices to ensure compliance and quality.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the product development team, ensuring all electrical engineering aspects are considered during the release process.
- Conduct thorough reviews of release documentation, specifications, and technical reports to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and supply chain teams to ensure smooth transition and production ramp-up.
- Coordinate with contract manufacturers throughout fabrication and assembly life-cycle.
- Facilitate effective Product Lifecycle Management, with proper version, configuration, and revision control.
- Participate in parts management, sustainment, and maintain library footprint and part compliance.
- Monitor post-release performance, collect feedback, and integrate improvements into future release processes.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in engineering environment or similar role in document control.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical engineering principles, processes, and industry standards.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
- Problem-solving mindset and ability to anticipate and address potential obstacles.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality and compliance.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Professional certifications related to project management or electrical engineering.
- Experience with documentation and manufacturing standards for Class 2/Class 3 electronics.
- Experience with JIRA, PLM systems, ERP, and workflow management.
- Firmware release management experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory frameworks and standards (e.g., ISO, IEC, IEEE).
- Familiarity with electrical engineering design tools and software (e.g., electrical CAD, simulation software).
- Experience generating wire harness and cable manufacturing drawings.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!