Advanced Materials Technician - Taoyuan, Taiwan ( (shift required)
About Arris Composites Taiwan 棱合
Arris Composites, headquartered in California, USA has recently opened a new facility in Taoyuan, Taiwan. Arris Composites Taiwan 棱合, is funded in part by Taiwania Capital, Taiwan’s national investment arm. By partnering with cutting edge startups, Taiwania establishes partnerships with companies worldwide to boost Taiwan’s economic growth.
From a team that has been instrumental in the development of leading 3D printing and advanced manufacturing technologies comes the biggest development yet. At higher strength and lower density than titanium, carbon fiber composites hold the potential to change the world by unlocking novel design architectures that deliver unparalleled performance at lighter weights. Despite this potential, the complexity and cost of designing and manufacturing these anisotropic materials has limited their use to high-end, niche applications. Arris Composites has solved this problem and top global companies have taken notice. New design latitude and improved performance provides competitive advantages for leaders across the industrial and consumer markets. Your view of composites is about to change.
As Our Advanced Materials Technician, You Will...
- Operate machines used in advanced composites manufacturing; check all controls for adherence to operating/safety procedures
- Examine materials visually and physically to ensure conformance with established standards and specifications
- Perform all required machine, tool, and work area cleaning
- Complete and maintain required paperwork and/or documents
- Become an expert in the operation of material production equipment
- Be responsible for material production runs from start to finish, including continuous monitoring
- Contribute to improvements in departmental practices and procedures
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Contribute to and support departmental functions, including packaging, handling of raw and finished materials, etc.
- Notify supervisors and engineers of any issues, problems, or concerns in a timely manner
You Will Ideally Bring:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong mechanical skills and prior work history, preferably in manufacturing (injection molding/compression molding/composites/tooling)
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including basic proficiency with computer programs for word processing, spreadsheets, and email
- Knowledge and understanding of composite materials (highly desired)
No. 128, Xiyuan Road, Zhong Li district, Taoyuan city, Taiwan 320 (桃園市中壢區⻄園路128號)
This position is in Taoyuan, Taiwan. It’s within an hour from Taipei 101 and Taoyuan International Airport.
At this time, we are not accepting resumes from recruiting or staffing agencies. We appreciate your interest!
Arris recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Arris, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Arris’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment at Arris—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.
Something looks off?