Software Engineer- Cloud
Gurugram, Haryana, India
Posted on Thursday, September 10, 2020
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world's leading platform for cybersecurity posture automation. Using Balbix, organizations can discover, prioritize and mitigate unseen risks and vulnerabilities at high velocity. With seamless data collection and petabyte-scale analysis capabilities, Balbix is deployed and operational within hours, and helps to decrease breach risk immediately.
Balbix counts many global 1000 companies among its rapidly growing customer base. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Balbix is looking for engineers to build it's cloud security platform. You will play a key role in designing and implementing a low latency high throughput cloud native systems to secure and evaluate public cloud environments e.g. AWS, GCP and Azure. As part of the Balbix's Cloud Security offering one would be building Infrastructure Security, Container/Kubernetes Security, Workload Security and App Sec.
- Develop integrations for collecting and analyzing inventory data, security audit logs, event/activity logs, application monitoring logs etc. across AWS/Azure cloud services such as cloudtrail, cloudwatch, azure monitor, log analytics etc.
- Develop API infrastructure for enabling Balbix Brain to ingest/analyze collected data in a scalable and efficient manner
- Build High Throughput Low Latency Distributed Systems to secure and evaluate Public Cloud Environments ( GCP, Azure and AWS) essentially focusing on Infrastructure Security, Container Security, Workload Security and App Sec
- Work shoulder to shoulder with some of the best people in different disciplines
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including engineering, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- Intuitive in using the right type of models to address different product needs
- Curious about the world and your profession, constant learner
- BS/MS in CS or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience working in cross platform development using a variety of programming languages such as Python, C++ and Java
- Working experience with core platform services, such as authentication, messaging (Kafka or RabbitMQ), microservices, data streaming and ETL that power complex, large scale distributed applications, K8.
- Experience with software architecture and API design
- Excellent communications skills
- Motivation and passion for building world class enterprise products
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.