Front End Engineer
At Benepass we're making benefits magical. We believe people are the most important asset to any company. Traditional one-size-fits-all benefits packages no longer cut it in today's hybrid and remote-first environment. With Benepass, companies can tailor their benefits to the unique needs of their workforce.
Through our easy-to-use and highly customizable fintech platform, People teams can implement, administer, and track the modern benefits that their employees are looking for. Employers design their benefits and perks plan by setting a contribution amount and eligible spend categories. Every employee has their own individual definition of wellness and needs different things to help them be their most productive, fulfilled self.
Helping companies reimagine the world of benefits and how they are delivered to employees.
Threshold Ventures and back by other great VCs like Gradient (Google’s AI venture fund), Y Combinator, and angels (Aaron Levie - Box and Jake Schwartz - General Assembly).
TEAM & ROLE
As a Front End Engineer, you will be responsible for developing user experiences that our customers will love. Your day-to-day activities will be hands-on developing software and contributing to design—working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to experiment and deliver experiences to our customers all over the world. You’ll ship new features for our apps, build out a common base for shared logic between them, and work to ensure high code quality and test coverage in our frontends.
In the past three years, our focus has been on bolstering our backend infrastructure. Now, we're dedicated to enhancing the employee experience. You'll be instrumental in building these experiences from the ground up.
We’ve built a massive amount over the past few years, such as:
- Backend software that sits in the credit card authorization flow and makes an approve or decline decision in real time when a user swipes their card
- Three awesome clients (an end-user web app, a mobile app, and an admin web app), plus push provisioning of our cards into Apple and Google Pay
- A full-fledged general ledger system that tracks every movement of money in our ecosystem and continuously reconciles against external bank accounts
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT Benepass
- Develop and maintain interfaces for various applications, including web and mobile.
- Collaborate with designers and front-end engineers to iterate on design documentation and mocks, focusing on effective implementation.
- Comprehend design systems in mocks and translate them into a cohesive design system and component center.
- Ensure UI components and libraries are reliable, secure, extensible, and accessible.
- Translate high-level designs into production-ready UI.
- Collaborative mindset, working confidently and without ego, emphasizing teamwork and leadership.
- Demonstrated track record of significant, self-directed contributions to impactful software projects.
- Ability to identify and evaluate trade-offs, openness to being proven wrong, and willingness to support teammates.
- Deep understanding of UX/UI concepts, providing constructive feedback on new feature proposals to Design and Product teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 4+ years of frontend development experience building web and mobile applications.
- Strong communication and listening skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical problems and propose solutions.
- Solid understanding of UI/UX principles, translating design wireframes into functional web applications.
- Previous Startup or Fintech Experience
- Be comfortable writing native iOS & Android code as needed
- Remote - Must live in the US, CAD or Brazil
- We do not offer sponsorship for visas or work permits at this time.
Not meeting all the requirements but still feel like you’d be a great fit? Tell us how you can contribute to our team in a cover letter or apply to our "general opportunities".
- Exploratory Chat - Lauren Raub
- Tech Assessment
- Hiring Manager Interview - Daniel Letite
- Meet The Team - TBD
- This role could be considered a Mid or Senior Level
Range(s) is subject to change. Benepass takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including your expectations, how you interview, peer compensation, and years of experience. We also look at the market data using Pave (Option Impact).
While we are a 100% US Remote company some roles might require you to live in a certain state and or go into office.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 95% coverage of medical, dental, and vision
- Fantastic benefits (of course 😃), including:
- $250 WFH setup
- $100/month cell phone + internet
- $100/month Wellness
- No Meeting Wednesday!
- Team Onsites 3-4 times a year
- Flexible PTO
At Benepass, we are working towards reimaging how companies take care of their people. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Benepass is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.