Head of Business Development
Sales & Business Development
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
What We're About
At Brewbird, we believe in building a sustainable future in coffee. We’re developing a technology platform to scale the $100 billion specialty coffee market, while working with top local and national roasters to bring the highest quality cup of coffee to every home and office. Brewbird is backed by some of the world’s best venture funds (Sequoia Capital) and angel investors. We’re a passionate team of builders who use technology to craft elegant and delightful solutions to challenging real world problems.
What You'll Be Working On
As our first go-to-market/commercial hire, you will report to and work closely alongside the CEO to build the foundation for GTM and demand generation at Brewbird. It’s an exciting time - we have product-market fit, and have unlocked 7-figure first-year revenue deals with some of the world’s largest companies. You will build upon this initial traction to help us scale, and be given the opportunity to lead and hire a world-class team over time. We are looking for a leader and doer who can drive strategy, build structure and execute on the ground in the early days of BrewBird. Also as the key architect of our demand generation foundation, you will own and drive everything from messaging, positioning, competitive analysis and go-to-market strategy. If you are excited about the prospect of leading initiatives end-to-end and solving problems with a scrappy mindset, come drink some coffee with us!
This role will be based in the company’s headquarters, located in San Carlos, CA. The salary range for this role is $130k-$155k, before bonuses.
• Build and drive the B2B sales engine, including segmentation, positioning, pricing, discovery and objection handling
• Define starting hypotheses for each segment and iterate regularly, refining and pivoting strategies based on initial successes and failures
• Ideate and execute on demand generation pathways, thinking creatively about outbound, events, and marketing
• Implement and manage business applications (CRM), our customer funnel, and forecasting process for the business
• Manage, lead, and inspire a growing team of commercial resourcesA chance to grow into senior executive leader of a high growth organization
• Experience in management consulting (McKinsey, Bain, BCG)
• Exceptional organizational and structured thinking skill set, with high attention to detail
• Must be a clear, and high EQ communicator, with ability to interface well with both internal stakeholders and external clients / decision makers (who will include CXO’s)
• Optimistic, adaptable, and a supportive, can-do attitude. The best start-ups are dynamic, fast evolving, and full of small failures - those with resilience and optimism in the face of adversity will thrive.
• Solutions-oriented and analytical problem solver
• Experience or strong interest working at the intersection of tech and coffee/F&B
• Bonus points if you have enterprise sales experience and/or are familiar with tech, hospitality, or food & beverage/CPG businesses
• Demonstrated willingness to step up where there may be gaps or a need (we’re a small team!)
• A sincere belief in the Brewbird vision!
At Brewbird, we put our people first. In addition to a competitive compensation package with meaningful early stage equity, we provide our employees with flexible paid time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, 401k plan, flexible work environment, and a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking.
Brewbird is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.