Head of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
We’re on a mission to unlock more rewarding relationships between merchants and their customers, starting with changing the way we pay for things online. Backed by Sequoia, Index Ventures, and Forerunner, as well as the founders of Affirm, Warby Parker, Allbirds, Casper, and DoorDash, Catch is a new payment service that allows both merchants & consumers to save money by cutting out credit card processing fees. Everyone wins – except the big banks.
We’re a distributed, tight-knit team of ~45 today, with hubs in San Francisco and New York. Building a diverse team is paramount to our success and fostering a healthy company culture, and we’re committed to an equitable interviewing process for all candidates.
As Catch enters a new phase of growth, we are looking for our first Head of Marketing who will spearhead both our b2b and b2c marketing & PR efforts. You will build a marketing function and team from the ground up, setting the strategy, the processes, and running the day-to-day. Efficiently marketing and growing a b2b2c product is no small feat, but it’s critical to our growth and we’re looking for someone who is hungry for the challenge.
We are looking for an experienced, analytical, creative marketing leader who can develop deep empathy for our customers, excels in crafting data-driven b2b and b2c narratives, has hands-on experience across many areas within marketing, and can effectively collaborate across many functions.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute comprehensive B2B and B2C marketing strategies that drive user acquisition and revenue growth
- Define the company's brand positioning, target audiences, and key messaging for both B2B and B2C markets
- Build and lead a team of marketers, including product, partner, brand and performance marketers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like product, sales and partner success to ensure that we’re all rowing in the same direction
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners, including agencies, customers and influencers
- Analyze marketing data and KPIs to measure the effectiveness of campaigns and adjust strategy and budget as needed
- Manage and develop Catch’s annual marketing budget
- Build operational excellence for the Catch marketing function
What skills and experience do you need?
- 10+ years of well-rounded marketing experience, with experience in b2b2c a plus
- Powerful storyteller: written, verbal, and visual
- Strong analytical skills to be able to make data-centric decisions
- Demonstrated track record of creating marketing campaigns across a variety of communication channels
- Experience managing a team of marketers across marketing disciplines, as well as marketing agencies
- Thrives in autonomous and ambiguous roles, in part thanks to exceptional prioritization and project management skills
Catch’s Employee Benefits (not exhaustive & will grow over time):
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Generous family leave policy— four months for either parent
- Unlimited vacation (and we encourage folks to take the time off that they need)
- Focus Fridays: No internal meetings on Fridays so you can end the week with focus time!
- A $500 Home Office Stipend to set up your work from home space
- A $500 per year Learning & Development stipend for personal & career growth
- $50 in Catch credits every month to spend at our merchants
Catch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
The annual salary range for the expected level for this role is $220,000- 250,000 at time of posting. Compensation also includes equity and comprehensive benefits. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
See more open positions at Catch
Something looks off?