Software Engineer - iOS
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Catch is on a mission to unlock more rewarding relationships between merchants and their customers, starting with changing the way we pay for things online. Backed by Sequoia, Index Ventures, and Forerunner, as well as the founders of Affirm, Warby Parker, Allbirds, Casper, and DoorDash, Catch is a new payment service that allows both merchants and consumers to save money by cutting out credit card processing fees. Everyone wins – except the big banks! We’re a fully distributed, tight-knit team of ~45 today and are growing rapidly. Building a diverse team is paramount both to our success and to fostering a healthy company culture, and we’re committed to an equitable interview process for all candidates.
We’re looking for a product-minded engineer who can help drive iOS development, and, more importantly, grow with us and the company.
What will you do?
- Own end-to-end design and implementation of features including development, testing and release
- Build solutions that take into consideration issues of scaling, security, and performance
- Collaborate closely with product and the rest of engineering to deliver on our roadmap
- Grow with the company as a technical leader
What skills and experience do you need?
- Industry experience building fast, secure, and reliable iOS applications in Swift
- Adaptability and drive to thrive with an early stage team, and can navigate the velocity of low-information environments
- Availability to respond and tackle issues as they arise
- Familiarity with automated testing, observability, and monitoring
- Experience with backend development and/or frontend web development is a plus
- 4+ years of industry experience recommended
Catch’s Employee Benefits (not exhaustive & will change over time):
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision.
- Generous family leave policy - four months for all parents, plus one additional month for a birthing parent
- Unlimited vacation (and we encourage everyone to take the time off that they need).
- Focus Fridays: No internal meetings on Fridays so you can end the week with focus time!
- $500 Home Office Stipend to set up your work from home space.
- $500 annual Learning & Development stipend for personal & career growth.
- $50 in Catch credits every month to spend at our merchants.
- $30 monthly stipend for ChatGPT Plus & API Credits
Catch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
The annual salary range for the expected level for this role is $140-184k at time of posting. Compensation also includes equity and comprehensive benefits. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.