Field Service Technician
Clockwork is revolutionizing the $800B beauty industry with robots! We started with nails, and have developed and deployed the world’s first and only AI-powered, autonomous manicure robots.
You can find our robots in large corporate offices as an amenity, such as at Rockefeller Center in New York and the LinkedIn lobby in San Francisco. We’re at an inflection point and slated to grow 10x in 2024!
Are you mechanically inclined with a knack for hands-on work? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference every day by solving complex problems? If you want to work for a great company where you will have the opportunity to advance your career, join our growing team as a Field Service Technician.
At Clockwork, our Field Service Technician ensures top-notch service for our customers by keeping our machines in great working order. The ideal candidate for this role has a positive and professional attitude and clear communication skills. You should feel comfortable wearing many hats and being a Jack/Jill of all trades. In this field-based role, you will travel to Clockwork installation sites to maintain, troubleshoot, service, and provide calibration and installation support for our nail painting robots. This job requires travel whenever servicing it needed at our robots, which could be on weekends. When travel is not necessary, you will report to and work from our San Francisco office in support of future robot builds.
Required for this role: Ability to travel at short notice and work a flexible schedule including some weekend work. Anticipated up to 90-95% travel time including out of state air travel. Comp days for weekend workdays.
- Installing robotic systems by:
- following install instructions
- coordinating with customers at deployment site
- troubleshooting mechanical/electrical faults during install of robot systems
- Service robot installations by:
- troubleshooting to identify faults
- performing necessary corrective procedures
- perform preventative maintenance
- documenting actions
- communicating with team to document actions/findings
- Assist in the manufacture of additional units
- basic mechanical assembly
- cable routing
- Ability to travel at short notice and work a flexible schedule including some weekend work. Anticipated up to 90-95% travel time including out of state air travel. Comp days for weekend workdays.
- High School Diploma or GED with applicable experience, or 2 year technical degree in Engineering Technology.
- Class C license with a good driving record.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues. Understand basic voltmeter for electronics troubleshooting.
- Comfortable working independently without supervision.
- Must possess effective English communication skills (oral and written).
- Possess at least two solid years of mechanical experience and electrical knowledge (and/or training)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis and move 150 pounds or more with a dolly/hand truck.
- We will require proof of vaccination and (at the appropriate time) proof of booster. Please do not apply if you are not vaccinated.
- Working with or being around robotic systems.
- Experience with navigating a computer
- In-Person Role – San Francisco near ballpark
- Full time position
- Health, dental, life insurance benefits
- Company holidays
- Free office snacks and drinks and regular happy hours with team
If interested, please submit an email with your resume and previous experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!