Staff Software Architect, Robotics
Collaborative Robotics is looking for an experienced and forward-thinking Staff Software Architect specializing in robotics to design and develop robotic systems. As our Staff Software Architect at Collaborative Robotics based in Boston, MA, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of robotics technology on behalf of our customers. You will be responsible for architecting complex software solutions, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and driving innovation in the field of robotics.
This is an onsite position based in Greater Boston, MA.
- Architectural Design: Design and develop robust, scalable, and efficient software architectures for advanced robotic systems. Ensure seamless integration of hardware and software components to create cohesive systems that meet and exceed expectations.
- Technical Strategy Development: Contribute to the overarching technical strategy for robotics software systems, identifying areas ripe for innovation, process optimization, and quality enhancement.
- Technology Evaluation and Guidance: Inform clients about the latest advancements in global automation software and system integration, particularly as related to AWS and other leading platforms. Recommend optimal technologies and strategies.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Engage closely with client teams, including system architects, software developers, and operations managers. Ensure unified vision and strategy for end-to-end automation solutions.
- Code Review and Optimization: Lead code reviews, provide constructive feedback, and optimize software performance to ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- Problem Solving: Tackle complex technical challenges, identify bottlenecks, and propose effective solutions to ensure the successful implementation of robotic systems.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field.
- 7+ years of professional experience in software architecture and development.
- 2+ years experience with robotics applications, industrial automation, or manufacturing.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C++, Python, or Java.
- Hands-on experience in integrating various software platforms, especially within control towers, warehouse management, and manufacturing environments.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, especially AWS, and their role in facilitating scalable and robust integrations.
- Ability to convey intricate technical details clearly and effectively to diverse audiences, including those without a technical background.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Previous experience in leading software architecture efforts for commercially deployed robotic products.
- Proven expertise in consulting on software and system integrations, especially as it pertains to end-to-end global automation.
- A passion for technological innovation, with a drive to bring cutting-edge solutions to clients in the global automation space.
The base salary for this position is $200,000, plus equity and comprehensive benefits.
Collaborative Robotics is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Collaborative Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
To all recruitment agencies: Collaborative Robotics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees. Collaborative Robotics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our full-time compensation package includes base salary plus equity and comprehensive benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and experience level. The range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the noted geographic area. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.