Software Engineer, Robotics Data & Systems
This Software Engineer role is open to new university graduates who can start work full-time by March 2024.
Do you have an obsession with coding and a keen interest in robotics? Do you thrive in fast-paced, innovative environments where your work makes a real impact? Join our team at Collaborative Robotics to dive into the exciting world of robotics and contribute to solving complex system-oriented problems.
As our Software Engineer, Robotics Data & Systems, you'll be at the forefront of developing and implementing software solutions that are integral to our robotic systems. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys coding extensively, quickly, and efficiently. You'll be engaged in both front-end and back-end development, contributing to the full stack of our robotic systems, both on and off-robot.
Collaborative Robotics is a team of innovators and builders redefining the future of human-robot interaction. We are working to realize a world where robots are a trusted extension of your surroundings. They work, adapt, and react around you. Not the other way around.
This role is located at our San Francisco Bay Area, California office onsite.
- Develop and maintain software for our robotic systems, encompassing both front-end and back-end components.
- Engage in full-stack development, ensuring seamless integration and functionality.
- Collaborate with team members to solve complex, system-oriented problems in robotics.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our software development practices and processes.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in robotics software development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated full stack development experience.
- Participation in 1-2 relevant industry internships.
- Proficiency with Git, version control, and Linux environments.
- Skilled in Python or other scripting languages.
- Excellent communication skills and a highly motivated, team-oriented attitude.
- Enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, collaborative start-up environment.
- Willingness to travel occasionally as needed.
- Must be able to start full-time work in March 2024.
- Experience working on autonomy systems.
- Previous deployment experience in autonomy systems.
- Familiarity with ROS, ROS2, or other message-passing systems.
- Experience in processing large data sets in a cloud environment.
- Proficiency in C++.
- Knowledge of React or other web development frameworks.
- Familiarity with 3D graphics.
- Familiarity with Docker and containerization technologies.
The annual base salary for this position is $160,000, plus equity and comprehensive benefits. See below for additional total compensation package information.
Collaborative Robotics is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Collaborative Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
To all recruitment agencies: Collaborative Robotics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees. Collaborative Robotics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our full-time compensation package includes base salary plus equity and comprehensive benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and experience level. The range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the noted geographic area. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.