Asset Management Associate
There are 17 million Americans who own rental property. Most don't want to be landlords anymore, however, selling isn’t a good option. Why? You’d lose income and appreciation, trigger tax liabilities, kick out your tenants, have to fix up the house – the list goes on! We’re here to help.
Flock is building the retirement solution for landlords. We’ve created the first tech-driven 721 Exchange to help individual rental property owners seamlessly convert their real estate into passively owned shares in a professionally managed portfolio of homes. Some people call it the UPREIT, we call it "The People’s REIT."
In a traditional property sale, the transaction marks a finite end to the buyer/seller relationship – not so with Flock. When owners contribute their real estate to Flock, a new journey begins; one that has been carefully crafted to both relieve their pain points and provide tangible benefits for years to come. It’s a better way to sell and a better way to own real estate.
We’re fortunate to be backed by a great group of venture capital firms, including Andreessen Horowitz, Human Capital, Susa Ventures, Box Group, and Primary Venture Partners, as well as a large network of strategic investors, including 1Sharpe Ventures, Redwood Trust (NYSE: RWT), Fred Tuomi (former CEO of Invitation Homes), and Eric Wu (former CEO of Opendoor).
Flock is looking for an Asset Management Associate who will play a crucial role in helping the company fulfill its promise to deliver better financial returns to landlords, better living experiences to residents, and better homes to the community. The position is hands-on, owning every aspect of the asset lifecycle (leasing, tenant relations, maintenance, etc.) for a portfolio of homes across multiple markets.
The ideal candidate is excited to move at a fast pace while maintaining precision, prepared to think critically and creatively while adapting to new challenges, and exudes empathy and professionalism in a resident-facing role. One moment you’ll be working on building an asset performance model in Excel, and the next, you’ll be overseeing general contractors and leasing coordinators turning multiple homes in a handful of markets.
- Take ownership of a portfolio of homes through all stages of the asset lifecycle
- Maintain oversight and accountability of 3rd party partners (Property Managers, Leasing Agents, etc.) through all stages of the asset lifecycle
- Ensure all asset tracking systems are updated in real-time
- Identify and escalate issues quickly
- Take a customer-first approach in earning the trust of residents while maximizing value for fund owners
- Stay apprised of market dynamics specific to the assigned portfolio as well as the larger SFR and Real Estate markets
- 1-3 years experience in real estate, consulting, or finance
- Proven track record of executing in a fast-paced work environment
- Prior experience in real estate preferred
- An exceptional moral compass, a strong sense of grit, and a desire to take full ownership
- Flock's compensation package includes a market-competitive salary, equity for all full-time roles, and exceptional benefits
- If you are located in New York, New York, our minimum cash compensation salary range for this role is $75,000 - $125,000