Head of Sales
There are 17 million Americans who own rental property. Most don't want to be landlords anymore, but selling isn’t a good option. Why? You’d lose income and appreciation, trigger tax liabilities, kick out your tenants, have to fix up the house – the list goes on! Flock is here to help.
Flock is building the retirement solution for landlords. We’ve created the first tech-driven 721 Exchange to help individual rental property owners seamlessly convert their real estate into passively owned shares in a professionally managed portfolio of homes. Some people call it the UPREIT; we call it "The People’s REIT."
In a traditional property sale, the transaction marks an end to the buyer/seller relationship – not so with Flock. When owners contribute their real estate to Flock’s portfolio, a new journey begins: one that has been carefully crafted to both relieve their pain points and provide tangible benefits for years to come. It’s a better way to sell and a better way to own real estate.
We’re fortunate to be backed by a great group of venture capital firms, including Andreessen Horowitz, Human Capital, Susa Ventures, Box Group, and Primary Venture Partners, as well as a large network of strategic investors, including 1Sharpe Ventures, Redwood Trust (NYSE: RWT), Fred Tuomi (former CEO of Invitation Homes), and Eric Wu (former CEO of Opendoor).
Flock is seeking a Head of Sales to lead the growth and scaling of our sales org and process as we double our home count in the next 12 months.
This is a unique opportunity for outsized upside and impact. This individual will be responsible for building our repeatable playbook, hiring and managing a team of high performers, and accelerating the company's revenue growth.
The right candidate is intimately familiar with the drivers of complex sales and the ingredients of growth at an early stage company. You have a proven track record of both managing a team to revenue targets and driving your own 6- and 7-figure deals to close.
- Own our complex deal cycle from initial conversation to close with critical stakeholder, including managing and coaching existing sales team members to hit revenue targets
- Develop and implement the Flock sales playbook and execution strategy, including the implementation of an effective sales methodology
- Build deal flow strategy, including outbound motions and consultative approaches to closing high value deals
- Guide design of sales enablement tools and workflows (CRM, lead gen tools, pipeline management, outreach automation)
- Plan and provide regular forecasting across all of sales
- Hire exceptional sales team members and scale the function to continue meeting expanded revenue targets
- 10+ years of complex sales experience
- Exposure to financial products (funds) or real estate (private partnerships, investments)
- Experience hiring, coaching, and managing team members to consistently achieve or exceed revenue targets
- Experience building and implementing sales playbooks
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and drive deals in a fast paced and early stage environment
- Adaptable and Curious. Asks two-sided discovery questions, learns new concepts, listens to customer needs and motivations
- Data Driven. Uses systems to measure, forecast, hit results, and drive decisions
- Collaborative Problem Solver. Takes a “yes and” mentality, works well cross functionally with a solutions-oriented approach
The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role in NYC is $300K-$450K OTE +, target equity, and benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).