VP of Government Affairs
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Forta is clearing the path to quality healthcare by delivering the best possible outcomes with the utmost convenience. 1 in 36 children [CDC, 2023] is diagnosed to be on the autism spectrum. Currently, autism support via Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is difficult to access and the delivery model must be expanded to provide earlier access to families.
Forta is not only providing ABA services to our clients, but we’re also improving the future of the ABA experience for families by creating software and predictive algorithms that elevate clinicians to work smarter by surfacing the latest and most relevant case data. We are working diligently to continuously improve the patient journey and deliver personalized care by applying smart technology and investing in the growth of our world-class team.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Vice President of Government Affairs to lead our efforts in shaping public policy, building strong governmental relationships, and advocating for our mission. In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for driving our government affairs strategy and ensuring that our innovative ABA therapy platform is recognized, supported, and regulated appropriately in an ever-evolving healthcare landscape.
- Government Relations Leadership: Provide strategic leadership and direction for all government affairs initiatives. Build and maintain influential relationships with government officials, agencies, and key legislative bodies.
- Policy Development: Lead the development of policy and advocacy strategies to support Forta's objectives. Stay at the forefront of legislative and regulatory developments, and analyze their impact on the company.
- Lobbying and Advocacy: Drive the development and execution of lobbying and advocacy efforts to advance our interests and influence policy decisions. Create and lead public relations campaigns to gain support for our mission.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure the company complies with all relevant laws, regulations, and government requirements. Collaborate with internal teams to establish and maintain compliance standards.
- Government Grants and Funding: Identify and pursue opportunities for government grants and funding to support research, technology development, and community outreach efforts.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Foster strategic relationships with community organizations, advocacy groups, and key stakeholders to build a strong support network for our initiatives.
- Crisis Management: Be prepared to manage potential issues that could affect the company's operations, reputation, or objectives. Develop and implement strategies to address challenges effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in political science, public policy, government affairs, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in government affairs, public policy, or related roles, including management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare and ABA therapy regulations and demonstrated expertise in navigating complex legislative frameworks.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building and maintaining relationships with government officials and stakeholders.
- Proactive and strategic thinker with a strong passion for advocating on behalf of innovative healthcare solutions.
- Experience in securing government grants and funding is a plus.
YOU NEED IT? WE GOT IT!:
Remote Work: (for qualifying employees): Remote employees will receive a one-time stipend to set up or upgrade home office
Benefits: (for qualifying employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account, Paid Time Off, and more!
Flexible Time Off (for qualifying employees): Unlimited time off! Great for personal, sick, and mental health days.
We are looking for you! A driven, innovative, client-focused individual to join our team as we innovate the care and tools available to neuro-diverse families. If this position sounds like the opportunity you have been searching for, we want to speak with you!
We look forward to working with you!
— -– –
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Forta is a Drug-Free Workplace/ EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.