Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Forta is clearing the path to quality healthcare by delivering the best possible outcomes with the utmost convenience. 1 in 36 children [CDC, 2023] is diagnosed to be on the autism spectrum. Currently, autism support via Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is difficult to access and the delivery model must be expanded to provide earlier access to families.
Forta is not only providing ABA services to our clients, but we’re also improving the future of the ABA experience for families by creating software and predictive algorithms that elevate clinicians to work smarter by surfacing the latest and most relevant case data. We are working diligently to continuously improve the patient journey and deliver personalized care by applying smart technology and investing in the growth of our world-class team.
Forta is actively searching for a licensed psychologist to offer clinical supervision and oversight for our ABA therapy services. This remote, part-time role includes responsibilities such as conducting clinical assessments, supervising treatment activities, and reviewing treatment plans and progress notes for our ABA therapists. The psychologist's supervision plays a crucial role in maintaining our clients' highest standards of care.
YOUR DAY AT FORTA:
- Diagnose or assess mental and emotional disorders in individuals by conducting interviews in clinical or alternative settings, and reviewing medical and social case histories.
- Observe clients in diverse situations, select, administer, and interpret intelligence, personality, or other psychological tests to identify disorders, formulate treatment plans, and offer consultation to fellow mental health professionals regarding test results.
- Engage in educational programs, in-service meetings, clinician gatherings, and workshops to foster professional development and stay current on methodologies and techniques.
- Provide evidence-based mental health care to clients, offer consultation to inpatient mental health clients upon request, assess medical necessity, and determine appropriate treatment.
- Ensure seamless coordination of care within the mental health clinic and with other care providers, social services, family members, and various entities.
- Document comprehensive initial evaluations, progress notes, and treatment plans reflecting measurable and time-based goals. Ensure proper utilization management of patient care and timely closure of records after episodes of care.
- Develop treatment plans adhering to policy guidelines, with signatures completed in a timely manner, and consistent with Medical Staff by-laws.
- Actively contribute as a member of the treatment team, being approachable and available for consultation, and participating in multi-disciplinary staffing.
- Conduct psychometric testing in accordance with organizational credentialing guidelines, demonstrating competence in providing medically necessary testing based on referral questions, diagnosis, or symptoms.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Licensed by the Alaska, Alabama, Delaware,Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah, Vermont, or Virgin State Board of Examiners.
- Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or a PsyD) in Psychology is required.
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current special education methodologies and techniques.
- Strong ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms and reactions during clinical interviews.
- Effective communication skills to convey medical information, test results, diagnoses, and proposed treatments in a manner easily understood by the client.
- Proficient interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills.
- Competence in assessing the mental status of clients and developing individual treatment goals.
- Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring, and interpretation.
- Skill in preparing comprehensive reports and maintaining accurate patient records.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License is required.
- Successful completion of background checks is mandatory.
- Liability Insurance is preferred.
YOU NEED IT? WE GOT IT!:
Remote Work (for qualifying employees): Remote employees will receive a one-time stipend to set up or upgrade their home office.
Benefits (for qualifying employees): Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account, and more!
Flexible Time Off (for qualifying employees): Unlimited time off! Great for personal, sick, and mental health days.
We are looking for you! A driven, innovative, client-focused individual to join our team as we innovate the care and tools available to neuro-diverse families. If this position sounds like the opportunity you have been searching for, we want to speak with you!
— -– –
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Forta is a Drug-Free Workplace/ EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.