About Free Agency:
Free Agency is a talent startup modernizing how people find & succeed at work. We provide concierge services and digital products to knowledge workers, mirroring Hollywood-style talent representation and management. Unlike recruiters, we’re entirely paid by and motivated by the individual candidates we work with, enabling us to focus on their career outcomes. Their success is our success.
We work primarily in the tech industry: through our platform, mid to C-level folks in product, engineering, design, marketing, and ops are doing incredible work at companies like Square, Drift, Roblox, Reddit, Netflix, Amazon, SpaceX, Notion, Peloton, and hundreds more. We’re backed by top-tier venture capital firms like Resolute Ventures, Bloomberg Beta, and Ludlow Ventures.
To date, we’ve helped hundreds of professionals negotiate over $250 million in offers, and partner with talent building the cutting-edge future in the startup and tech industry.
About the job:
We’re looking to add a freelancer Account Executive to the Free Agency team. You will be the first touchpoint for leaders within the tech industry who are interested in our services.
You’ll tell them about our concierge job search and career management movement, selling them on how a partnership with us will mean an acceleration in their professional trajectory. More fundamentally, you’ll persuade them that talent needs representation, and that our Hollywood-style Talent Agents can help them achieve the jobs they daydream about, the workplaces they wish they were in, and their long-term ambitions.
Free Agency is changing the way people think about their careers, and you’ll have the opportunity to be on the frontlines of telling that story.
- Act as a momentary career advisor to create trust in our business, showcasing the expertise of the Free Agency team and the consultative nature of our services.
- Sell, with vigor, on live calls via Zoom and phone, iterating and testing your pitch on a consultative-style call with mid to C level professionals in tech.
- Develop & execute a robust follow-up process that converts some prospects within a day, and some within a three-month time horizon, experimenting to improve conversion rates along the way.
- Keep track of the progress of each deal with good CRM hygiene to ensure timely follow-ups as required, including answering and/or routing relevant Q&A.
- Have strong familiarity with tech companies, startups, and the roles within to empower you to win over the hearts and minds of hard-to-convince prospects. You should be able to understand what a product leader at Stripe might want next in their career, how a software engineer might be thinking about joining FAANG versus a startup, or the reasons why someone should join a Series A company instead of something in the growth stage.
- Possess extremely strong written communication skills, as much of your lead generation or post-call prospect activity will come in the form of email.
- This is a commissions-only role with on-target earnings of $150,000, with additional high upside potential for strong performance. You’ll be compensated with a percentage of each of your sales with accelerators based on achievement of goals and conversion rate of meetings to contracts signed. Equity is available to contract team members after 6 months of tenure
- This role is remote, though most of our team is in-person in NYC. You must be able to work business hours EST
Why Free Agency matters:
Job search and career progression are broken. Candidates haphazardly apply to jobs, meet only a few companies, settle during offer negotiation, and generally don’t optimize the process of moving along in their careers. As a result, Free Agency believes that everyone is undercompensated.
That doesn’t just have to do with the money we make, but also the teams we’re a part of, the type of work we get to do, and the alignment to mission along the way. All of this has an impact on our own satisfaction, health, and financial wellness, but we don’t give it the attention it deserves.
By aligning incentives with individual talent, Free Agency is enabled to build first-of-their-kind products & services and define a new category of career management.