Software Integration Engineer
Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today’s critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow’s: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm’s way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
Role at a Glance
The electrical team, EKKO, is a hands-on, fast-paced multi-disciplinary team that designs, develops, and integrates hardware, firmware, and software systems for the inspection robot and accompanying systems. The EKKO team integrates with numerous teams to support and lead the development of different systems and solutions across the organization. Your contributions help support us in inspecting and maintaining society's most critical infrastructure.
Gecko is seeking software engineers over a range of experience levels.
As a software engineer at Gecko focused on integration, you will be involved in internal tools ranging from desktop applications interacting directly with robots to web applications monitoring the entire fleet of robots in the field. You will work closely with our Hardware Engineering teams to create software to manage, monitor, and maintain our fleet of robots.
What you will do
- Develop web tooling to help various teams understand robot system performance
- Design and implement event-driven, fault-tolerant data pipelines
- Design and implement APIs to provide access to robot system data
- Carry out unit, integration, and full system testing as needed
- Design software tools to support continuous development, integration, verification and validation, and speed up overall development process
- Work cross-functionally with hardware engineers, integration engineers, and other non-engineers to develop new systems and features
- BS or beyond in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- Real world experience building, debugging, and maintaining web applications in production
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with React or other frontend frameworks
- Ability to read and understand C firmware
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability
- Attention to detail shown through continuous improvements and enforcing best practices within the team, and throughout the organization
- Ability to work well and integrate with electrical engineers and others
Strong passion for learning and growth and are open to new ideas, new technologies, strong DevOps practices, and continuous feedback
- Experience with container-based development and Docker
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience in state machine design
- Experience and/or knowledge of V-model and UML
Knowledge of Git, Jira, and Confluence or similar tools
Experience working autonomously in a fast-paced, hands-on environment on concurrent projects
Gecko Robotics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?