NDT Advanced Specialist
Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today’s critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow’s: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm’s way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
Role at a Glance
The NDT Advanced Specialist is on the front lines of our industrial inspections. This position plays a key role in ensuring customer needs are met by providing inspections for in-field robotic products at power plants, oil and gas refineries, paper mills and other industrial environments throughout North America. When not in the field, this position will complete functions in the shop for robot maintenance, assisting with creating procedures, and training for newer technicians.
What you will do
- Make sure to follow all safety policies in the field and shop as well as identify potential safety hazards
- Oversee and operate robotic inspection equipment and ensure data integrity in industrial environments
- Ensure highest customer satisfaction through effective communication and job execution
- Solicit and relay customer and product feedback for the purposes of improving quality and scope of services
- Complete various administrative functions including expense reports, time sheets, and other paperwork covering activities in the field
- Participate in the training process for NDT professionals
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technical details of company service offerings and tools
- Maintain compliance with all customer required background check and drug screening requirements
- Must have NDT Level II in UT, PT, MT, VT, etc.
- Level II UTPA
- 5+ year experience working in downstream
- Strong reporting and documentation experience
- Experience with AUT
- Experience with RBI preferred but not required
- Experience in a lead technician role is preferred
- Ability to travel 75% of the time and up to 90% during peak times
- Ability to meet physical requirements
- A team player that Is proud of what Gecko has to offer and represents the company with enthusiasm at customer sites.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid TWIC card.
- This job operates in multiple environments, including a machine shop, and field work performed in OSHA-confined spaces, at heights, and in multiple weather conditions including heat, rain, and cold.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gecko Robotics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.