Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today’s critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow’s: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm’s way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
Role at a Glance
As a member of the test and reliability team, the Test Engineer performs verification and validation testing in support of product development, works with operations to assess and gather relevant data on product performance, and performs reliability testing on post-production release designs. The Test Engineer is responsible for improving the reliability of Gecko’s robotic fleet through pre and post production release testing.
Gecko is hiring several Test Engineers with varying experience and career levels.
Gecko’s engineers work in a hands-on, fast-paced environment. We’re seeking highly self-motivated individuals who thrive in a small company environment and are passionate about developing great products which solve significant problems.
What you will do
- Work closely with a multi-disciplinary team to design, develop, and execute test plans and procedures for complex hardware systems in the field or in a lab environment.
- Perform manual and automated testing (environmental testing, compression/tension testing, accelerated testing, etc.) on robotic hardware and support systems.
- Collect, validate, and analyze test data.
- Troubleshoot problems with deployed components/systems and analyze test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Design and generate detailed drawings for test fixtures.
- Develop and sustain tools/procedures to improve testing efficiency.
- Perform root cause investigations for equipment failures, determine failure modes and identify corrective actions to resolve causes of failures.
- Perform reliability testing/analysis to identify causes of complex and/or repetitive problems in order to optimize robot performance.
- There is an opportunity for travel (up to 75%) to perform field testing on robotic platforms.
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. degree or beyond in Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum of 1 year of related testing experience. Gecko is hiring several Test Engineer positions over a range of experience levels.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals and tools.
- Experience in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred).
- Excellent communication skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2+ years experience in test planning and execution for evaluation of hardware performance.
- Experience working with and debugging electrical hardware and software.
- Verification & validation testing methodologies/strategies for electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience with root cause analysis, reliability testing, and data analysis is a plus.
Gecko Robotics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?