Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today’s critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow’s: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm’s way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
Role at a Glance
The Staff Accountant position will have a variety of transactional, general ledger, and reporting responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator who has exceptional attention to detail, and the skills needed to be comfortable working with critical and sensitive data. The position will focus on ensuring efficient and accurate processing of transactions, interpreting and applying company accounting policy, preparing general ledger schedules, journal entries, reconciliations, and identifying process improvement opportunities in a fast-growing and dynamic startup environment.
What you will do
- Manage aspects of revenue cycle and accounts receivable. Invoice customers, process payments, monitor AR aging and collections.
- Manage aspects of expenditures cycle and accounts payable. Process invoices, monitor AP aging, and issue payments. Administer expense reporting systems, petty cash, and the corporate card program.
- Ensure payroll system is in sync with HRIS and time reporting system. Manage benefits enrollment and payroll deductions. Calculate sales commissions. Process payroll on schedule.
- Record journal entries, maintain schedules, and perform balance sheet reconciliations. Includesaccrued revenue, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, payroll liabilities, notes payable, and unearned revenue.
- Contribute to specific aspects of month-end and year-end close process.
Technologies We Use
- Netsuite, QuickBooks Online, Expensify, Salesforce and mid-market ERP experience
- Thorough working knowledge of GAAP.
- Professional judgment as it relates to interpreting accounting principles and policies.
- Ethical conduct.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Technical aptitude; comfortable with technology.
- Collaborative work style, yet ability to work with little guidance.
- Thoroughness and detail-oriented.
Gecko Robotics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?