What We Do
Gecko Robotics is helping the world’s most important organizations ensure the availability, reliability, and sustainability of critical infrastructure. Gecko's complete and connected solutions combine wall-climbing robots, industry-leading sensors, and an AI-powered data platform to provide customers with a unique window into the current and future health of their physical assets. This enables real-time decision making to increase the efficiency and safety of operations, promote mission readiness, and protect the environment and civilization from the effects of infrastructure failure.
Role at a Glance
Be the first product designer on Cantilever, Gecko’s new software platform that is transforming the protection and maintenance of our civilization’s critical infrastructure by enabling deep analysis of machine-scale sensor data. Product Design will play a key role at the nexus between internal users (think robot operators and industry experts), external users (engineers charged with maintaining critical infrastructure), and Gecko’s core software and forward-deployed engineering teams building Cantilever. This is a generalist role including user research, information architecture, prototyping, ideation, workflow/interaction design, and visual design.
What you will do
You’ll partner closely with engineering teams building applications for internal users (e.g. our own engineers, field operators, and data analysts) and external customer users. This includes applications that manage the acquisition and processing of robotic sensor data and applications that let users interact with virtual asset models to design and prioritize actions that improve the health of critical infrastructure.
You may embed with forward deployed engineering teams building new workflows in the field, or help core software teams build extensible UI/UX that generalizes learnings from the forward-deployed teams. You’ll work at varied product maturities and zoom levels, ranging from lo-fi sketches to ideate major new capabilities, to hi-fi refinement of micro-interactions in existing UIs. You’ll travel frequently to colocate with engineers and understand user workflows in the context of the physical infrastructure sites that Gecko protects.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of UX/Interaction Design experience, preferably in enterprise software.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating high-quality UX/Interaction design work.
- Ability and interest to travel 50-60% to work directly with the teams you’re collaborating with.
- Mastery of some design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, Photoshop, Keynote, Google slides, pencil & paper) and ability to skillfully learn & wield new ones as needed.
- Skill (and preferably experience) in the enterprise context decomposing particularly complex workflows and concepts into simple and intuitive UX.
- Desire to have a high impact in a fast-moving startup environment as a key contributor to a major new effort
- Excellent communication and relationship-building abilities to inform and communicate design rationale
- Ability to operate flexibly in a variety of modes while moving fast, listening, and adapting.
- BA/MA or equivalent experience.
- Comfort digging into the data with code or other analytic tools to inform your designs
- Comfort with frontend web application development e.g. ability to translate design specs into code that developers can use
NYC Pay Transparency Disclosure:
Salary Range: $120,000 -$185,000 annually plus equity and perks.
This salary range is based on the current available market data, and represents the expected salary range for this role. Gecko Robotics has minimal hierarchy and few titles, but has broad ranges of experience represented within roles. Should you have compensation expectations that exceed these bands, we'd love to hear from you and would welcome you to reach out to further discuss.
Who We Are
At Gecko, our people are our greatest investment. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer company equity, 401(k) matching, gender-neutral parental leave, full medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health and wellness support, ongoing professional development, family planning assistance, and flexible paid time off.
We believe that we do our best work when we’re together in person, and we’re committed to creating a culture of collaboration, innovation, and partnership. We ask our employees to be in the office 3 to 5 days per week, depending on the location and role. Our in-office benefits vary by location, but include catered lunch or lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, frequent employee events, and more.
Gecko is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission to protect today’s infrastructure and give form to tomorrow’s. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our critical mission, we’d love to hear from you.