Hardware Quality Manager
Welcome to Hayden AI, where the future is ours to make. From bus lane and bus stop enforcement to digital twin modeling and more, our clients use our mobile perception system to speed up transit, make streets safer, and create a more sustainable future.
Led by experts in AI, computer vision, data science, transportation, and government technology, Hayden AI is pioneering real world problem solving powered by AI and machine learning.
Our mobile perception platform is currently utilized by New York City’s MTA for automated bus lane enforcement. We recently raised $20 million in Series A funding and have been featured in Bloomberg CityLab, Forbes, Smart Cities Dive, and Politico.
Come join us, and help us build a vision-based data platform for smart enforcement and smart cities with our six core values in mind:
- Customer Focus
Director of Quality Manufacturing
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the VP of Operations.
- Work cross-functionality with the Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering, and Field Services.
- Manage the manufacturing of Hayden Products with our contract manufacturer.
- Develop and contribute to Hayden AI's product manufacturing and development process.
- Manage the NPI, Sustaining programs with JDM and CMs.
- Oversee production plan and approve production schedules and invoices, and manage budgets.
- Manage the RMA and Warranty process.
- Work closely with Hayden AI's Supply Chain, Hardware, and Software teams to drive manufacturing project tasks.
- Communicate and report project status cross functionally – Operations, Engineering, Finance.
- Ensures coordination with Engineering, Finance, and Operations.
- Work closely with the Quality team to develop, maintain, and ensure manufacturing quality procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Monitor product line KPIs and report to Hayden AI's Operations.
Summary of Experience:
- Able to oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations of our contract manufacturers, manufacturing process, responsible for the full onboarding and new production introduction (NPI) process of bringing up new suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Must be detailed oriented, highly structured, and have demonstrated capabilities to drive manufacturing processes.
- Must have the ability to create and manage detailed NPI program schedules and report on progress, risks and opportunities.
- Experience with contract manufacturers for sustaining activities including quality management, engineering change orders, manufacturing process optimization, cost-down efforts, etc.
- Identify and manage additional (back-up) sourcing efforts to support continuous supply chain efforts.
- Orchestrate the process and systems to evaluate CMOs that identify new opportunities for optimization and innovation.
- Must have ability and experience to drive manufacturing process and troubleshooting on the line and be familiar with the materials requirements planning (MRP) systems and processes.
- Understands manufacturing assembly and test procedures and the ability to review and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Foster strong relationships with all engineering functions to ensure collaborative and efficient execution.
- Identify manufacturing production optimization, materials flow and control of manufacturing costs.
- Clear understanding of fabrication process for metal, plastic parts, printed circuit boards and electronic product manufacturing.
- Technical competencies in manufacturing (e.g. technical drawings, blueprints, CAD/CAM).
- Excellent communication, organization and negotiation skills, be able to develop, maintain production plans and drive towards on-time, on-budget results.
- Self-managing, ability to work cross functionality with Engineering and other operating functions.
- Ability to manage through influence and align internal and external team members and priorities.
- Available to travel to contract manufacturer locations within and outside of USA.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Manufacturing, Business or Engineering .
- 10+ years of manufacturing & engineering experience.
- Previous experience working with electronic product contract manufacturing is a plus.
- Technical competency with program management tools.
- Strong leadership experience.
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization.
- Effective facilitator of cross functional team meetings.
- Good time management / project management capabilities.
- Full understanding of ISO 9001 standard (or equivalent).
Target Salary Range:
- $160,000 - $200,000
- Company granted equity
- Company wide bonus program
There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more)!
Just a few of our perks include:
- Options for 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLife Legal Plan(s) & Pet Insurance
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Daily catered lunches in our Oakland office
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.