Senior Cost Accountant
At Hayden AI, we are on a mission to harness the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform the way governments and businesses address real-world challenges. From optimizing bus lane and bus stop enforcement to pioneering digital twin modeling and beyond, our innovative mobile perception system empowers our clients to accelerate transit, enhance street safety, and drive forward a sustainable future.
What the Job Involves:
The Senior Cost Accountant is responsible for overseeing and managing the sales and operational budgeting process which includes detailed cost accounting & BOM cost allocation. This function includes developing, implementing, analyzing, and managing costs for inventory and services that align with our demand forecast, managing the bill of materials, assisting in inventory management, and identifying cost-saving opportunities. This role is also responsible for designing, implementing, and managing the cost accounting and inventory functionality in NetSuite. The Senior Cost Accountant will report to the Corporate Controller.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Familiar with the Sales and Operations (SnOps) process and understands operational budgeting.
- Analyze manufacturing costs, including direct materials, direct labor, and overhead, to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Integrate changes to the demand forecast to show an immediate impact on COGS, GM, and S&GA (i.e. department hiring budgets).
- Develop, manage, and maintain a Bill of Materials.
- Develop and maintain cost accounting systems, processes, and procedures to capture, track, and report cost data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop cost standards, cost estimates, and budgets for new and existing products or services.
- Drive the budgeting process based on the SnOps process.
- Work with Supply Chain to validate BOM costs.
- Integrate and automate department SG&A budgets with the Demand Forecast and BOM models via the NetSuite budgeting module.
- Oversee inventory valuation and control processes, ensuring accurate recording and reconciliation of inventory transactions.
- Implement and maintain inventory costing methodologies, such as standard costing or activity-based costing, to provide meaningful cost information.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify cost-reduction opportunities, process improvements, and operational efficiencies.
- Ensure compliance with applicable accounting principles, regulations, and internal controls related to cost accounting.
- Develop and/or update accounting and operational process and procedures documentation around the inventory management and costing processes.
Summary of Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; a master's degree or professional certification (e.g., CPA, CMA) is preferred.
- Proven experience in cost accounting, preferably in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and identify trends or anomalies.
- Proficiency in cost accounting principles, practices, and systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and proficiency in financial modeling.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and cost accounting modules.
- Familiarity with the SnOps process and knows how to build budgets from the sales forecast using a bottoms-up approach that drives the BOM costing models.
Target Salary Range:
- $145,000 - $165,000
- Company granted equity
- Company wide bonus program
There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more!)
Just a few of our perks include:
- Options for 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLife Legal Plan(s) & Pet Insurance
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Daily catered lunches in our San Francisco office
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.