Senior Technical Program Manager
At Hayden AI, we are on a mission to harness the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform the way governments and businesses address real-world challenges. From optimizing bus lane and bus stop enforcement to pioneering digital twin modeling and beyond, our innovative mobile perception system empowers our clients to accelerate transit, enhance street safety, and drive forward a sustainable future.
What the Job Entails
Hayden AI is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager who will play a critical role in the execution of complex, multidisciplinary hardware and software development programs. You will manage and coordinate tasks and priorities across multiple organizations and team members, shepherding development from the R&D stages through operational deployment.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Lead and manage end-to-end project lifecycles, including planning, scoping, scheduling, and resource allocation for hardware and software development initiatives.
- Define program scope and allocate resources.
- Track the status of projects/deliverables and key metrics. Provide regular updates and status snapshots to company leadership.
- Identify and track critical dependencies between teams and projects.
- Collaborate with engineering, product, design, and operations teams to align project goals, ensure clear communication, and resolve any dependencies or roadblocks.
- Possess a strong understanding of both hardware and software development processes, enabling you to guide teams in achieving technical objectives and identifying risks or opportunities.
- Identify potential risks, proactively implement mitigation strategies, and drive contingency planning to ensure project success.
- Continuously evaluate and improve project management methodologies, tools, and processes to enhance efficiency, productivity, and quality across the organization.
- Communicate project status, risks, and recommendations to senior leadership, ensuring alignment with company objectives and priorities.
- Collaborate with the QA team to establish quality standards, conduct regular reviews, and drive continuous improvement in product reliability and performance.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation, including project plans, specifications, technical requirements, and test procedures.
Summary of Qualifications
- B.S. in an engineering discipline.
- 5+ years experience in Technical Program Management or project engineering or relevant engineering discipline.
- Strong technical background in hardware and software development, with a solid understanding of engineering principles, processes, and best practices.
- Experience working closely with multidisciplinary technical teams to drive on-time delivery of critical products and functionality.
- Deep understanding of project deliverables and schedule management for product development life cycle including product data management.
- Proven track record in successfully managing complex, cross-functional projects, with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and drive results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment, adapting to changing priorities and handling ambiguity effectively.
- Experience working as a TPM, Engineering Manager, or Tech Lead on AI and Computer Vision projects.
- Previous experience in a start-up or early-stage company.
Target Salary Range
- $150,000 - $190,000
- Company granted equity
- Company wide bonus program
Benefits and Perks
There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more!)
- Options for 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLife Legal Plan(s) & Pet Insurance
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Daily catered lunches in our San Francisco office
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.